How many bugs have you swallowed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Squire
I'm swallowing one fly per ride on average, it seems to be worse this year for some reason. Wait for some entomologist to pop up and tell us it's a bumper year for insects because of the weather and birds and bats are doing really well.....bla bla bla.... wonder if this means the midges will be really bad?
 

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Location
Meanwood, Leeds
I'm swallowing one fly per ride on average, it seems to be worse this year for some reason. Wait for some entomologist to pop up and tell us it's a bumper year for insects because of the weather and birds and bats are doing really well.....bla bla bla.... wonder if this means the midges will be really bad?


They weren't that bad in Dumfriesshire a fortnight ago. Sprayed myself with repellant only the once at a riverside festival. No bites all weekend.
 

Globalti

Squire
Our kitten catches and eats bluebottles and it doesn't do her any harm so I don't worry about swalllowing smaller bugs.
 

Thomk

Guru
Location
Warwickshire
Are there any flying arthropods (native to Warwickshire mainly) which are poisonous enough to kill a cyclist if accidentally swallowed?
 

Davidc

Legendary Member
Location
Somerset UK
Mayflies taste poisonous. They aren't, 'cos I'm still alive.

Vegan cyclists must have a problem at this time of year!
 
Top Bottom