How many other night riders are there on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bodger

Do other people get spooked by odd noises too and suddenly find a new burst of speed all the way home???????

Got knocked of by an owl once...the rest of the ride was a little nervous and frenetic!

On another occasion in some deserted woods I burst through some trees and found my self suddenly illuminated by mega-spot lights and surrounded by a load of paramilitaries murdering one of their number. Turned out to be a shoot for a TV program but boy was my heart beating double time for a while after.

trio25

Über Member
I was so scared the other week, there was a flash and I assumed someone was taking photos of me on the moors, even when thunder followed I still was looking around all the time!

newbiebiker

trio25 said:
I was so scared the other week, there was a flash and I assumed someone was taking photos of me on the moors, even when thunder followed I still was looking around all the time!

That's funny :tongue:

A badger nearly took me out as I went down a steep gradient one night. Luckily i spotted it with the Hope HID but was still a bit close for comfort. Those frosty nights when everything is sparkling make it worthwhile cycling off-road at night.
But who's eyes are they in the bushes? What's that spooky sound? Yikes, I'm outta here...Ha ha ha

wyno70

Friday night was an eventful one, a puncture in the middle of Epping forest in pitch black was interesting, get it fixed, on my way, then hurtling down a steep hill that I know well but it was slippier than usual due to the rain, all of a sudden 4 Roe deer jump out about 25 yards in front of me, I couldn't really do alot because of my speed and the mud (yes stupid I know) any avoidance tactics would have put me deep into the trees. Luckily for me the last one hopped out the way just a I was bracing myself, missed it by about 3 feet. Needless to say the brown stuff on my shorts wasn't mud!!!! As if that wasn't enough, I'd just got to the top of a very big hill, sat back in the seat and relaxed a bit, as you do and some bloke stepped out of the bushes and shouted boo at me. What the **** he was doing there I don't know but I didn't hang around to find out!!!!
That was my adrenaline fix for the weekend sorted!
I'm thinking maybe a cycling buddy would be a good idea for forest night rides in future!!!!

Globalti

Legendary Member
One night a couple of years back we came a cross a bunch of quite young girls in a wood, who were all very evidently drunk as skunks. A bit of banter followed but they were so abusively stupid that we didn't hang around. I couldn't help wondering aloud who would get the blame if one of those girls got assaulted....

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
We've just moved premises at work and I did my first commute this week. Ok, so it was on the road and doesn't really apply in the same way but one of the roads I take is very narrow and twisty as it winds over the North Downs ands ends up passing through some very dark woods.

The weird crashing and screeching noises coupled with my slight target fixation, trying to focus on the intense beam of my light in the mist did wonders for my cadence ;)

Top Bottom