How much does your council charge for green bin (garden waste) ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
About £60

I compost soft waste but woody stuff and autumn leaves are a problem. I only have a small garden but I have two small trees that I cut back each year plus hedge and shrub trimmings. I used to shred these which was a monumental PITA. It's worth £60 just to be free of that. The shredder has been unused for the past few years. Should really get rid of it.

Some friends of mine have a field that they rent out to sheep. (Actually I don't think the sheep themselves pay rent, but you get my drift). In years gone by the field was a jungle and houses that back onto it used to chuck their rubbish into it. When they took over and returned the field to sheep land they cleared the rubbish along with the jungly vegetation and renewed the fencing but a few houses still persisted and had to be politely informed (some several times) that the field wasn't an extension of their garden.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
About £60

I compost soft waste but woody stuff and autumn leaves are a problem. I only have a small garden but I have two small trees that I cut back each year plus hedge and shrub trimmings. I used to shred these which was a monumental PITA. It's worth £60 just to be free of that. The shredder has been unused for the past few years. Should really get rid of it.

I just paid it. I was wrong, it's £93! :ohmy:

Fortunately my neighbour pays half and we both use it.

Gillstay

Über Member
Some friends of mine have a field that they rent out to sheep. (Actually I don't think the sheep themselves pay rent, but you get my drift). In years gone by the field was a jungle and houses that back onto it used to chuck their rubbish into it. When they took over and returned the field to sheep land they cleared the rubbish along with the jungly vegetation and renewed the fencing but a few houses still persisted and had to be politely informed (some several times) that the field wasn't an extension of their garden.

One business I worked for owned a field near an estate and just went round on a sunny spring Sunday like today and warned everyone who was dumping that they would be taken to court if they continued and even got some to take stuff back to their garden there and then.
The three big guys doing it had a lot of fun and got paid.

Top Bottom