How much have you slowed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
For those that have been time trialling for decades, how much have you slowed down, or has the advance in technology allowed you to keep the speed up?

For me, I've got better wheels, aero bars, pointy helmet, but still slower than I used to be, but more than 50 years have slipped by, so quite pleased with this years times.

In the late 60's, on a very good 10 course (Rainford Bypass), I used to churn out 24's and 25's and this season (in my late 60's) seem to be in the groove, churning out 28's. So I've slowed by 3 to 4 minutes for a 10.

GuyBoden

Guru
Well done. :bravo:

D

Deleted member 1258

I've never done time trials, but I've slowed a lot over the last few years, I'm in my mid sixties and averaging about 14 mph, as apposed to 16 - 17 mph 10 - 15 years ago, it's when I'm climbing where it's most noticeable.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Not faster but stagnated
Commuting means by the time i get home and done the family time thing i dont have the time or energy to training rides apart from the sunday club ride, i have seen many surpass me when they get these rides in when they started they coudnt even hold my wheel.
Of course im glad for them but it gets frustrating

Top Bottom