how much stuff does one need?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Lol... is that all you got? :laugh:
I'm like DCLane. I have a lot of stuff. (even a jersey bought from him) Far too much to be arsed to list on here,

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
:eek:

I feel a bit embarrassed to say I have.... 1 pair of cycling gloves. That is all.

I cycle in normal clothes, and have a pair of trainers which I've partly chosen to designate to cycling.
"Normal clothes" are not normal when you're on a bike. Get the credit card out you tightwad.

wmtlynx

You can never have too much, i mean theres always something you need.
Tell your wife its better than being addicted to cigs,alcohol or drugs.

This is the Blueprint standard bloke argument to justify any expensive hobby. Long may it continue!

snorri

Legendary Member
This has taken a bit of time to think about, but now I realise the only cycle specific clothing I have is one hi-viz waterproof jacket and a pair of Lidl gloves for use in winter.

Need is the wrong word! WANT is correct and it should be an infinite amount of clothing, in the same way n+1 applies to bikes.

I have far too much stuff to list here (:blush:), but I have equipment for the four seasons, plus back-up stuff and colour coordinated clothing, too (depending on which bike I ride).

potsy

Rambler
Way too much stuff to list here too, have recently had to throw away some of my old golfing clothing to make more room for cycling gear :thumbsup:
I think* I now have enough for any type of weather/riding, but there is always something new to buy :whistle:

Cyclist33

Way too much stuff to list here too, have recently had to throw away some of my old golfing clothing to make more room for cycling gear :thumbsup:
I think* I now have enough for any type of weather/riding, but there is always something new to buy :whistle:

Don't plus-fours have deep baggy pockets for cake smuggling, though??

MrB1obby

"Normal clothes" are not normal when you're on a bike. Get the credit card out you tightwad.
I have a theory though...if I am able to ride at a decent pace on an old steel racing bike with normal clothes and no clipless pedals etc, then when I have the money to buy a decent bike with all of the proper gear, I will feel a bigger improvement because I already have a good level of bike fitness.

Although I could never sell this bike now, we've been through too much together :shy:

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
To be honest, my wife does not spend much on herself( she is a Yorkshire lass) but is more likely to spend on the grandchildren.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
If your riding every day you need at least 1 pair of shorts/jersey /base layer for eachday unless you like to be a sweaty monkey and smell of stale sweat :smile:
All my commuting stuff is decathlon/aldi/ 2nd hand ebay specials so probably add up to what some would pay for 1 pair for the whole lot :smile:
5 pairs of shorts
2 pairs of bibs
2 pairs of leggings
2 leg warmers
7 ss jerseys
5 aldi compression base layers
2 arm warmers
loadsa free buffs from mags
2 fingerless gloves
3 full finger gloves of various thickness
1 aldi overshoe
1 neoprene overshoe
1 adli winter jacket
1 free windproof from cycle mag
2 summers shoes, 1 aldi + 1 free from CC member
1 winter shoe second hand just bought with my ill gotten gains from sales on here
2 pairs of glasses

Top Bottom