How much would you pay for this bike ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Not sure. Why are they selling g and do they have receipts?

I do like Cannondale and whilst most of the description is pure salesmanship, the size thing may be right as I have one that should be too small for me but it is very comfortable.

vickster

Legendary Member
Personally i would t buy it as it had a PF BB30 one of which is annoying me with its clickety click on my Boardman!

10 speed or 11 speed? What model year?

I'd say max £500 as it's got to be 5 years old?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Rather difficult to give an appraisal on anything based on just a picture but it looks okay. Seems to being offered by a bike shop so price will reflect that. Looks to have been £850 five years ago. If it is a five years old then it's a bit expensive, bear in mind you'll probably be able to buy a new bike for that, not the same spec, but it will be covered by a warranty. This would be a better way to spend your money imho;
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-rc-500-disc-road-bike-black-sora-id_8554410.html?opeco=opeco:NewHP-Carousel-Product1&type=opeco&wgu=13517_54264_1552384447279_165ebb5d99&wgexpiry=1560160447&utm_source=webgains&siteid=54264&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=22278
Plus you get much superior disc brakes better for all weather riding.

Last edited:

TeeShot

Veteran
Hi there

I wouldn’t pay anything as I already have a CAAD10!!
Bought mine new in 2011 for £999 reduced from £1300. Until the introduction of the CAAD12 several years ago the price didn’t change much for the 105 model. It depends what you’re going to use it for. The frame is one of best aluminium frames on the planet, it’s a race bike. If you’re going to commute, the Triban will do the job. If you want big smiles, razor sharp handling, lightweight, high mileage comfort, the CAAD10 is the business. I’m 5’ 10 and mines a 54. Mine had a new BB 3 years ago, not because it creaked but because I changed over to Ultegra and thought I might as well while the frame was stripped.
As to the price, £500 would be nearer the mark if it was tidy with all the right paperwork

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The Boardman is a good buy but it's only available in one size 57.5. That's quite a large size so you'll need to be around six foot.

OP
OP
L

Lauris

Sorry I changed the thread to a different bike, Boardman. If you could take a look, please.

OP
OP
L

Lauris

@Cycleops yes I am around 6ft2 - 6ft3.
I don't know if it's worth it though, I want something long term so I don't want to regret the purchase if I was to buy it. :smile:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Perfect then. A full carbon bike for that money has to be a bargain. Plus you have the assurance of buying from the biggest retailer of cycles in the UK, it's owned by Halfords
I should get your skates on.

TeeShot

Veteran
@Cycleops yes I am around 6ft2 - 6ft3.
I don't know if it's worth it though, I want something long term so I don't want to regret the purchase if I was to buy it. :smile:
When I bought the CAAD10 I hadn’t a clue about road bikes. Had I read up about it I would never have bought it !! Too racy, rubbish BB and all together totally unsuitable for someone approaching 60!! The Cannondale may not have been the cheapest but it’s certainly been the best value

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Cracking bikes for the price
Reviews of this bike basically say its a very good frame , well worth paying full price for when reviewed so if it is the right size for you then its well worth the price assuming its last years model stock so basically new ?
I have the same bike and i cant say i have ever had an issue with the PF 30 bb creaks , love mine !

Attachments

• team carbon.jpg
    team carbon.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 21
Top Bottom