How Nice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

UkHawk

Hey Guys
Just got a small story to tell you about a day i had out on my bike.

it was about 8am saturday morning i am 15 years old and biking my normal route about 20 miles round, having a good cycle when i stopped and sat to rest on the grass and every time a cyclist passed no matter what age or how many of them they all asked if i was ok and did i need a hand that was the highlight of my day, knowing there would always be help.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
That's the nice thing about cycling isn't it - don't be afraid to do likewise if you see someone on the side of the road.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
accountantpete said:
That's the nice thing about cycling isn't it - don't be afraid to do likewise if you see someone on the side of the road.

Yes :smile:
bet they would not do it if you and they were in a car (when your old enough ) and you had broke down.

OP
OP
UkHawk

UkHawk

yeh i guess were a worldwide team always looking out for each other.

whilst they are stuck in traffic and hating the morning run, we just go at our own pace and enjoy the views this world has to offer.

cyberknight said:
Yes ;)
bet they would not do it if you and they were in a car (when your old enough ) and you had broke down.

No chance (unless in a classic car with other owners of the same marque) but time was when they would. Although to be fair, the spirit is there in bad weather or similar. Remember driving out one winter with a young lady to look at the scenery of the snowdrifts around Edale from the top of Winnats Pass. Driving out was hairy esp. in a rear engined rear-drive car.

It almost got tiresome, every 10 minutes a 4x4 passed and stopped to see if we needed any help. We were getting no peace and quiet ;)

I digress.....

What I was wondering, back to the topic, was - if the first act of the new government was to tax petrol for private cars up to £60/gallon and introduce grants for people to buy bicycles....would that cameraderie be chipped away and disappear as the mentality of the minority sticking together was lost?

Top Bottom