How old is your cycle computer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Mines about 6 or 7 years old and still going strong. Brought from Tescos..i only wanted a basic one.
Brought one of those HRM/computers from Aldi's about 4 years ago...it was prone to the damp and looked ugly. It's languishing in the bottom of my bike bit box now. Don't know why i havent thrown it away...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
2 Cateye Vectra's - 17/18 years old - work fine. Can stop in torrential rain, but that's the water getting between the contacts and the mount. A quick puff sorts them out.

Newest is the Cateye Double Wireless - 3 months old.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

fossyant said:
2 Cateye Vectra's - 17/18 years old - work fine. Can stop in torrential rain, but that's the water getting between the contacts and the mount. A quick puff sorts them out.

Must be the same ones as mine Fossy.

C

chillyuk

In my bucket of spares I still have a Lucas mechanical mileometer. It is metal and mounts under the front wheel nut. On one end is a star shaped plate which is hit by a small stud attached to a wheel spoke. Each strike on the star revolves it and operates the counting mechanism. My one is made for a 27 inch wheel. You quickly became used to the little tick the striker made as it hit the star each revolution of the wheel.

Here is a picture for anyone too young to remember:

https://jollyrogersmotors.com/node/221

chillyuk said:
In my bucket of spares I still have a Lucas mechanical mileometer. It is metal and mounts under the front wheel nut. On one end is a star shaped plate which is hit by a small stud attached to a wheel spoke. Each strike on the star revolves it and operates the counting mechanism. My one is made for a 27 inch wheel. You quickly became used to the little tick the striker made as it hit the star each revolution of the wheel.

Here is a picture for anyone too young to remember:

https://jollyrogersmotors.com/node/221

Yes I remember those..as well as having the metal star thingy I had the plastic one as well.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom