How on earth do people motivate themselves?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
catwoman said:
Jacomus.
I know how you feel. I'm doing a part time BSc and working full time simultaneously and find it incredibly difficult to motivate myself as far as Uni work is concerned.
My degree is vocational and will help me break through a glass ceiling at work. Just need to get that piece of paper to get a pay rise of a few grand each year for doing exactly the same job. And I'm really fed up with it. I'm coming to the end of it soon but really sometimes feel like jacking it all in. Even now so close to the end. :smile:
The tutors are so obtuse and vague and basically very hard work in themselves. :smile: A timetable would have been really helpful but even that seems too much for them.
Really looking forward to getting it over with and getting the hell out of there!
Then I can relax a bit more and start enjoying myself again. Just got to get a 2:2 and I'll be gone! :biggrin:

Keep at it, the end is in sight and you (and I) know it will be worth it in the end.
This was very much my story too. It was a real grind, but it was worth it.

I also concur with Maggot, that a degree in itself is no guarauntee of future success, other skills particularly in my case the ability to communicate can be almost as important. Being a good communicator/showman (verbally rather than via a computer)and able to explain complex stuff in a simple and mostly interesting way has been a valuable asset in my own career. Mrs FF is quite the opposite being fairly shy and retiring, but she is also very concientious and gently assertive and those strengths have been very valuable to her.
The world of work takes all sorts.

Did anyone else drift off the subject and get distracted by catwoman's Avatar.

Is it hot in here or is it me?

Top Bottom