How stupid can you get ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/sussex/7471043.stm

A cyclist has suffered life-threatening burn injuries after riding down the stairs of a railway station and crashing onto a live rail track.
The man in his 40s overshot the platform at St Leonards Warrior Square Station in Hastings, East Sussex.
It is believed he landed on his head on the 750 volt live rail.
British Transport Police said several members of station staff and members of the public witnessed the incident just before 0900 BST.
"It looks like this was an accident, but [it] highlights the dangers of riding bikes at the station," a spokesman said.
"It is a dangerous area, the railways are not a playground." The man, who has not been identified, is being treated at the Conquest Hospital, in St Leonards.

redjedi

Über Member
A man in his 40s????Serves him right for acting like a child.

gavintc

Guru
User1314 said:
It's his fault for not wearing a helmet. (I assume he wasn't). If he was, he'd have been ok.

Definitely one to quote to the anti-helmet commentators on here. :smile:;) The insulation properties of a helmet must be considered when weighing up the arguments for wearing an helmet or not. ;)

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
The sad thing is that this will probably result in loads of barriers and signs being put up, not to mention H & S surveys being done in stations the length and breadth of the country all because one man was born a plonker.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
gavintc said:
Definitely one to quote to the anti-helmet commentators on here. :smile:;) The insulation properties of a helmet must be considered when weighing up the arguments for wearing an helmet or not. ;)

I was going to say the same, Not quite sure how the helmet debate would get on with this one though. Cycling and railways don't mix? Hmmmm

good job he didn't land on his arse, he could have had serious brain damage:biggrin:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I know of someone of the right age who lives near Hastings, and he's quite possibly mad enough to do this sort of thing. No name has been released though.

Fiona N

Veteran
gavintc said:
Definitely one to quote to the anti-helmet commentators on here. ;);) The insulation properties of a helmet must be considered when weighing up the arguments for wearing an helmet or not. :evil:

Well no - the helmet would probably have melted making the burn worse ;)

Slim

Über Member
In answer to "How stupid can you get?"

I've struggled to find the link to the website and failed. I read recently about a photographer on a plane taking pic's of a skydiver, his instructor and a cameraman who just followed them all out when they jumped. The only snag was he wasn't wearing a parachute - Doh!!.

Top Bottom