How the heck do I attach a cam to my Bell Alchera helmet ?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
How the heck do I wear the camera ? I have an Archos 605 and the Gen 5 helmet camera. The trouble is that the headband won't work with my Bell Alchera lid, as it comes down too low on my head to allow the band to fit underneath it without the band having to be in front of my eyes !!

I bought one of these from DogCamSport:

doublehookmount.jpg

but I can't get it to mount in any vent so that the camera is pointing straight ahead - it's always turning in to the left.

I've found I can feed it through a front vent from inside, so it's poking out a bit like a Dalek's eye-stalk, but I can't find a way to wedge / secure it in there.

That's me had it since April and still not used it on the bike - can anyone suggest another way to mount it to my helmet / head ?

You are better off with some sort of flat plate mount that can be cable tied to the vents on the helmet.

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I gave up with the special attachment I'd bought from DogCamSports (which was the same as the vented-helmet one on ActionCameras) and ended up bodging it with rubber bands.

I have the camera poking out a front vent from the inside, so it's like a little Dalek eye-stalk. After getting the angle wrong for the first ride to work, I'd fixed it by hometime and did the rest of the week 'on camera'.

Not had it on this week because of the unpredictable torrents of rain; it's not waterproof and since it's pretty exposed I'm not taking any chances with it ! I might eventually do something like wrapping it in cling-film (leaving the lens uncovered, obviously) so that it's not quite so vulnerable to the wet.

goo_mason said:
Not had it on this week because of the unpredictable torrents of rain; it's not waterproof and since it's pretty exposed I'm not taking any chances with it ! I might eventually do something like wrapping it in cling-film (leaving the lens uncovered, obviously) so that it's not quite so vulnerable to the wet.

Goo, I've used the camera in the rain on many occasions without a problem. I too was wary at first, but with time I've realised that it copes well with rain (it rains ocasionally in glasgow!:wacko: )

Of course I can't say for certain that you won't have any problems, but you should be ok. You could of course place some form of grease or sealer in the joints etc if you are worried.

Top Bottom