How things have changed . ( and not for the better )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
And up chimneys.

We used to dream of chimneys.

gbb

Legendary Member
Last night watched "Woodstck 99" on Netflix. What a difference 30 years made.
But the again Altamont was only 4 months after original Woodstock, and that showed an attitude shift.

Excellent, if sobering documentary. I explained to my son how I remember working at Christian Salvesens from 77 to 2000. I distinctly remember the outrageous laddishness that sprung up in the 90s. We had a new cohort of younger engineers at that time, replacing for the most part ex servicemen, mostly ex RAF engineers. Attitudes were night and day between the two. It seemed quite funny at the time, guys were going out for the sole aim of getting laid with someone, anyone...and often achieving it, the stories they told were often outrageous although implied it was all consensual. I can only assume it was a two way street. Nevertheless, we can be glad attitudes has changed for the better...but being 64 now, I'm even more remote from what young men and women are getting up to....despite having what I think is a 'young' outlook.

Nevertheless, we can be glad attitudes has changed for the better...but being 64 now, I'm even more remote from what young men and women are getting up to....despite having what I think is a 'young' outlook.

There is little more sad than the sight of old people acting as if they are still 'down with the kids'.

One can still have a young, enthusiastic outlook without forgetting one's age and experience, and without embarrassing the kids.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Watched "Spring and Port Wine", on Netflix, last night. I'd forgotten parents called each other 'Dad' and 'Mother', even when alone away from the kids.
My parents never did but I had friends whose parents did.

Spoilsport.

It doesn't count with Grandchildren. Be as embarrassing as you like.

D

Deleted member 1258

Watched "Spring and Port Wine", on Netflix, last night. I'd forgotten parents called each other 'Dad' and 'Mother', even when alone away from the kids.
My parents never did but I had friends whose parents did.

My parents called each other Mum and Dad, seemed normal at the time.

D

Deleted member 1258

Excellent, if sobering documentary. I explained to my son how I remember working at Christian Salvesens from 77 to 2000. I distinctly remember the outrageous laddishness that sprung up in the 90s. We had a new cohort of younger engineers at that time, replacing for the most part ex servicemen, mostly ex RAF engineers. Attitudes were night and day between the two. It seemed quite funny at the time, guys were going out for the sole aim of getting laid with someone, anyone...and often achieving it, the stories they told were often outrageous although implied it was all consensual. I can only assume it was a two way street. Nevertheless, we can be glad attitudes has changed for the better...but being 64 now, I'm even more remote from what young men and women are getting up to....despite having what I think is a 'young' outlook.

Yes, but how true were the stories?

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom