How to access the Old Severn Bridge crossing / cycle path

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good call. Google usually tells me the Motorway is for cycling on.

Nope just last week it was suggesting it.

And I had a funny in the car this week using it. It was tellling me how many kmh I was doing - but really it was mph as verified by the car speedo. Weird.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Morning all,
I quite fancy cycling over the olderSevern Bridge (from the English side to go to Chepstow / Wye Valley etc)
I can see that there are cycle paths on both the North and South sides of the bridge (The North seems most popular for some reason?)
I have looked on Google Maps / Komoot etc and haven't been able to work out where I can easily park my car, and access the cycle path

(I've looked at nearby Aust, and the motorway services etc mainly)
I see that there is also meant to be an access road to join the path if I went on the South side, but the few articles I can find that mention this say it has been closed for construction work for about a year or two!) - there seems to be very little information about this for some reason?

Anyhoo, the short version is.....
Does anyone have any suggestions for me please? :-)

Many thanks
AC

The North Side avoids going through a glass strewn underpass.

OP
OP
adrian.collins

adrian.collins

Thanks for all your replies, these have been really useful and very helpful in my planning.

Just for info, for anyone else, I found a place to park in the village of Aust. Plenty of spaces and free all day (the motorway services wanted £15 to park!)

Went across on Tue North side, no problems at all. Most enjoyable day and I can now plan some longer rides to include the bridge too...

Many thanks again to you all
AC

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230823_144445_Komoot.jpg
    Screenshot_20230823_144445_Komoot.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230823_080233.jpg
    20230823_080233.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 19
Top Bottom