How to be fit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

donaldFom

So, uhm, like 4 years ago my weight was, like, 330 lbs. For today it's between 182 and 189 (cause of not very healthy lifestyle). But my problem is, uhm, a bit weird. I still looks like I've got a lot of excess weight, especially with my belly.
Is there any complex of exercises that I can do in home?

And, yeah, sorry if looked a bit dumb, just don't know what to do with all of this.

gbb

Legendary Member
Hi Donald...and welcome to you :okay:
I'd say firstly (if I have my calculations right) congratulations on some impressive weight loss. Around 20 stone plus down to 13 stone is seriously impressive .

I assume you have a bike ? I'm not sure what specific exercises can help so I will leave that to someone more qualified to comment but funnily enough I was listening to the radio yesterday and a discussion on weight loss that highlighted your problem (If I'm getting it right) that big weight loss will often leave excess skin around the stomach area and it's not easy to deal with it without surgery or similar.

Again, respect to you. My wife lost around 6 stone some years ago and with a healthier lifestyle she's mananged to keep hers stable at around 8 to 9 stone and I know how hard she physically worked to lose it and how she's kept the determination not to slip into bad ways enabling her to maintain it.

I hope someone here can offer something more useful..:okay:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You did well, that's an impressive loss. You could try some sit ups to strengthen your tummy muscles. Lay on the floor on your back put your hands behind your head and pull yourself to the sitting position.

As @User46386 says if you are drinking alcohol especially beer cut it it out. A friend of mind did the same (without dieting) and the weight fell off. Same goes for sugar, cut down or cut it out.

pawl

Legendary Member
I’ve been using the elastic exercise bands these have certainly improved my core strength.
Plenty of info on you tube.Another good option is the physio ball,Again you tube is your friend.

MikeG

Guru
Just cycle a bit. Then a bit more. Then a bit more than that.

You'll soon be fit.

Congrats on turning your life around with that fantastic weight loss. Getting your self fit will be a doddle in comparison.

si_c

Guru
Best way to lose weight though is still through diet. Like you I've lost a lot of weight and what's left is centered around the midriff. It's slowly going, but I'm running a daily calorie deficit of around 400.

Exercise keeps me healthy and happy, but diet keeps my weight under control.

Drago

Legendary Member
Eat sensibly, exercise more. And more. And some more.

There's no secret to it. The bit people struggle with is the consistency and persistence. The weak willed make their excuses fairly quickly.

The Jogger

Legendary Member

Globalti

Legendary Member
Even the slimmest fittest people can give themselves a stomach if they slouch and allow the stomach muscles to sag; I find that a good posture takes away the belly so when walking or standing I always keep those muscles taut, which takes some practice at first but becomes second nature. Makes you taller as well.

Top Bottom