How to clean your bike like a pro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think I have a problem! I'm starting to enjoy cleaning my bike. Is there a known cure?
There are 4 effective cures:
  1. The only cure guaranteed to be 100% effective is to dispose of the bike. You could sell it, give it away, lock it up inadequately in a public place, or destroy it in a random act of cycle violence.
  2. A less traumatic cure is to only ride the bike in desert regions where no water is available for cleaning it.
  3. The most sensible option is to be careful not to ride it in mucky conditions.
  4. You could always wall-mount the bike and keep it as an engineered sculpture?

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Sorry to my wife but this is how I clean mine
1176401_10152294881233949_440050769_n.jpg

In the Shower!

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
[QUOTE 2897462, member: 259"]You're going to get burnt at the stake for suggesting putting it in there upside down. :whistle:[/quote]

Ha Ha, oops

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Sorry to my wife but this is how I clean mine
1176401_10152294881233949_440050769_n.jpg

In the Shower!

Stupid idea that! Turning it upside down so the dirt and water drips down over the handlebars and any gadgets you have not removed. Take the wheels off and put it in right way up! Wash from contact points downward.

Dusty Bin

If you scrub hard enough, the red might come off those tyres............hopefully............

wisdom

Guru
Kinda like the little jockey wheel in the video for cleaning the chain.And keeping it in line.
I've never seen those for sale.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I use a 5 litre garden sprayer a bit like this one ...

View attachment 36847

I don't have a water supply in my back yard so this is a convenient alternative for me when I clean my bike. It uses a much lower pressure than those pressure washers so there is less chance of stripping grease and lube out of bearings.
i bought one of those with the same idea in mind... no chance of it stripping grease or lube out of the bearings because it's got no chance of shifting mud either :thumbsdown:

wisdom

Guru
It wasnt one of those chain cleaning devices. It just looked like a blue jockey wheel.dont know what its called though

Top Bottom