How to find the right inner tube size?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom501

Hi guys, A beginner here and don't know much about tyres.

Got a puncture today and I want to replace my inner tube since the shops are all busy and booked for months but I'm confused with the tyre sizes.

Here's the details on my tyre:
700x25c -> -> 5-7bar

I found this pack of inner tubes on Condor and there's 2 options from which I don't know which one would be the right one, those two are;

700x25-32mm 48mm and 700x25-32mm 60mm
Can you guys tell me what do the additional 48mm and 60mm stand for?

https://www.condorcycles.com/collec...ndor-inner-tube-5-pack?variant=31192495980682

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Length of the valve stem so if you just have normal profile wheels the 48mm should be fine. The 60mm are for deeper section rims but would still work, they would just protrude more.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Those are the length of the valve - some wheels have a deep 'section' meaning they need longer valves to reach through. You don't need long valves on a normal type of wheel.

OP
OP
Tom501

Tom501

Those are the length of the valve - some wheels have a deep 'section' meaning they need longer valves to reach through. You don't need long valves on a normal type of wheel.

Thanks! Going to pick one up later today.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Presta valves.
Pick up 3. One to fit; one for your pocket/bag and one for home. And pick up a simple repair kit and mend the tube you've punctured (and reduce buy of tubes to 2).
With 25mm width tyres, I'd prefer the 20-25 tubes (see your link) rather than the 25-32 tubes. You'd find the latter more difficult to fit, ime.
Your LBS will sell you the correct tubes at the door (well mine would).

vickster

Legendary Member
Your LBS will sell you the correct tubes at the door (well mine would).

Ah but if he's going to Condor, and they are fully open...he absolutely has to go drool at the beauties in the basement :wub: (assuming they've not sold them all :ph34r:)

He's linked to a pack of five tubes so that should last him a good long while!

Top Bottom