How to get oil off my Endura eVENT jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SoulOnIce

I've got a brilliant Endura eVENT jacket that has got oil on it. I tried to wash it off with some Nikwax cleaner and then reproof it. But sadly the oil has stained the jacket and now the water does not bead on this part of the jacket and instead soaks in.

Any ideas how to get the oil out? Should I use detergent or washing up liquid. Any ideas would be most welcome.

longers

Legendary Member
I'd treat it as Gore-Tex, there's thread on washing it here. I don't think Gore-Tex likes detergents and washing up liquid is possibly a no no as well.

Doesn't really answer your question though, sorry :biggrin:

SoulOnIce said:
I've got a brilliant Endura eVENT jacket that has got oil on it. I tried to wash it off with some Nikwax cleaner and then reproof it. But sadly the oil has stained the jacket and now the water does not bead on this part of the jacket and instead soaks in.

Any ideas how to get the oil out? Should I use detergent or washing up liquid. Any ideas would be most welcome.

Try detergent at first. If you have success, you will then need to wash your garment with a soap based cleaner like Nikwax Tech Wash and you may also need to reproof it (with something like Nikwax TX-Direct).

If detergent doesn't work, the dry cleaning is the only way. Your jacket might be marked as not dry cleanable but I can say from experience that it will almost be 100% ok if you find a Green Earth dry cleaner (many Johnsons dry cleaners use this process). Again you will need the soap based cleaner and reproof after.

OP
OP
SoulOnIce

SoulOnIce

longers said:
You also could get in touch with Endura and see what they recommend.

What a good idea - I've e-mailed them. Let's see what they say. Will post their response on this thread so everyone can see what the right answer is.

Danny

Legendary Member
If it is just some small spots of oil you should be able to get it out by use a bar of Vanish soap.

Just apply to the soiled area, rub, and rinse. You might have to repeat a few times but the stain should come out.

Top Bottom