How to have a great ride ruined

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've got a Cyclelaire, it sitting in a cupboard somewhere and after reading some of this thread, it'll stay there.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
goo_mason said:
Just been looking at my bike computer - I'd hit 27.9mph at some point on the way home. Wow !!

Come on Goo you can do better than that, on my old commute I got up to 34.2mph going past Fettes (the new commute I can do 30mph without really trying but that doesn't count because it steeply down hill) and that is on a hybrid...

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
The Topeak Road Morph is the way to go, it is like a wee track pump, also having the flexible hose you don't risk ripping the valve of a tube the way you do with other mini pumps.

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Hairy Jock said:
Come on Goo you can do better than that, on my old commute I got up to 34.2mph going past Fettes (the new commute I can do 30mph without really trying but that doesn't count because it steeply down hill) and that is on a hybrid...

Give it time - I'm still getting used to the bike and the difference in handling. Once I'm 100% comfortable I'll be picking up speed ;)

At the mo I'm somewhat wary of going too hell-for-leather as I'm still adjusting to the fact that moderate potholes are rather more dangerous when you unexpectedly hit them on a road bike. At least the MTB's big tyres and suspension fork made them less dangerous. I'll need to get used to where the holes are on the route so I can avoid them without having to think.

Top Bottom