How to knock a few minutes off your commute...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pete

Well, if you use the same gears and pedal at the same cadence, 25mm tyres will be faster than 23mm :biggrin:.

I believe my road bike, when I first bought it, came with 19mm's, but they didn't last long and I found them very difficult to get on/off (don't remember the make). I normally use 23mm's but bought a 25mm for the rear, last year when there weren't any 23's in the shop - having been assured 'of course it will fit sir'. Well, it did fit - just! - not much more than a mm clearance with seat tube... ;) ... just so long as nothing gets caught up there! On the whole a comfortable enough ride.

domtyler

Über Member
magnatom said:
Oh and I forgot to say, afterwards, we will see how long you last with me on the judo mat. That should be fun! :biggrin::sad:

While I am flattered at your desire for a little rough and tumble on the rug with me, I think I'll stick to the cycling if it's all the same with you! ;):sad:

As for wanting to get me into your Clyde Tunnel... :biggrin:

domtyler said:
While I am flattered at your desire for a little rough and tumble on the rug with me, I think I'll stick to the cycling if it's all the same with you! ;):biggrin:

As for wanting to get me into your Clyde Tunnel... :angry:

:biggrin:

I'd be gentle with you, honest (on the mat not in the tunnel!).
I could keep my helmet camera on if you like (in the tunnel not the mat)....

:biggrin:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
magnatom said:
Oh and I forgot to say, afterwards, we will see how long you last with me on the judo mat. That should be fun! :laugh::thumbsup:

Do you wear that skirt thingy when doing judo ?? ;)

Johnny Thin

To get back to the OP, there's no way you could tell from just 1 ride, it could have just been the wind direction or blood sugar or something. The only reason thin tyres are quicker on an upright is because of the reduced frontal area - I believe that wider tyres are often quicker re rolling resistance, and also if they allow getting over bad surfaces at speed and more safely!

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Do you wear that skirt thingy when doing judo ?? :wacko:

No, but the judo club does have some wild ceilidhs where I do wear my kilt (I assume that's what you refer to :blush:). These can often turn into judo sessions where the aim is to see who can spin the woman the fastest, whilst letting go.....xx(:biggrin:

Top Bottom