How to make tyres puncture proof

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goandkickit

I've been using 'Dutch Perfect' puncture proof tyres for a year and a half now, and never had a puncture. I deliberately ride over broken glass with them, nothing can get through. They are allegedly 'heavy' (well, they weight twice as much as normal tyres) but that doesn't bother me at all, I just want to know that I can get wherever I am going without ever having to worry about punctures, and I find them just the same to cycle with as the tyres I replaced them with.

battered

Guru
You used to be abke to buy "Tuffy Tape" which went inside the tyre; it was a hard plastic band that prevented stuff going through the tube. It was pretty effective, my Dad used it on his commuter without incident, having grown tired of patching tubes every other trip in hawthorn trimming season. It looks like the Schwalbe tyres are a similar thing with it built in.

OP
OP
T

TwoDlocks

By the way many years back I rode a bike with greentyres made of hard polyurathane foam for several months and they were OK. The ride felt a bit harder than I am used to for a while but I soon got used to it. They also did not ruin the wheels as claimed by many critics. People forget that running ultra narrow road bike tyres at 90 PSI you are practically running on solid tyres but there are no ill effects on the wheels.

Top Bottom