how to pick the right road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
@bigjohnwaldron sorry for the plug but i have this for sale 2014 Trek 1.1 56cm Road Bike that fits your bill , i have found it a great honest bike that is a joy to ride
Surely a 56cm is going to be too small for someone who's 6'4 like the OP

OP
OP
bigjohnwaldron
Hi guys a little help please i am looking to get a road bike and was looking at the specialized allez and the trek 1.1 i am 19 stone and 6ft 4 in and was wondering what you think i have a specialized hybrid but was looking for a bike for distance to do a few charity rides .
thanks in advance.

***UPDATE****
this is the bike i have decided to get but thanks for all the help and advise.
Specialized Diverge A1 2017

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Nobody's mentioned gearing yet. Don't be tempted by a racy bike with a bottom gear way higher than that on your hybrid. Or else you'll soon be starting a thread about how to fit a bigger cassette and will it be compatible with the existing derailleur.

Mudguard clearance is something to think about too.

Bicykell

@bigjohnwaldron best of luck with the weight loss regime and enjoy your new bike!

Tin Pot

Guru
Hi guys a little help please i am looking to get a road bike and was looking at the specialized allez and the trek 1.1 i am 19 stone and 6ft 4 in and was wondering what you think i have a specialized hybrid but was looking for a bike for distance to do a few charity rides .
thanks in advance.

Buy the one you most like the look of.

Top Bottom