How to Spend £100 on Accessories?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
is aldi pretty good for some of basics clothing wise?
For basic stuff their good but as normal once its gone its gone, i tend to use decathlon stuff for shorts etc as their quality is great for the price.use the basic shorts for under a tenner for commuting and the next level up for club run/sportive distance ( 60 miles + ) rides

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

Something i am not sure you can get with your voucher....
Bike fit or look at this ..
http://www.jimlangley.net/crank/bikefit.html
http://bikedynamics.co.uk/guidelines.htm

I bike fit is part of the sales service!!:wahhey:

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

For basic stuff their good but as normal once its gone its gone, i tend to use decathlon stuff for shorts etc as their quality is great for the price.use the basic shorts for under a tenner for commuting and the next level up for club run/sportive distance ( 60 miles + ) rides

Cheers will decathlon a look, there is one pretty close by.

I think the big question is given that C2W work means rrp and bike shop prices. Do i just pick up bits and bobs from the likes of decathlon and ebay.

and use the £100 on a bike computer ;)

cyberknight

As i said in my 1st post just send me £100 , i think its a valid investment :smile:
Depends on what you want from a computer, you can get one for £10 that will be adequate or get a garmin 200 if you want to get techy and track yiour rides etc but if you have a smartphone then their are plenty of apps that do the same.
Your talking to a guy who buys most of his jerseys via ebay looking for the "gave up cycling " sales :smile:
Imho make sure you have the pump, multi tool, tyre levers, puncture repair kit , inner tubes ,saddle bag and shoes.
Track Pump ! how did i forget !
makes life a lot easier by being able to pump up your tyres quickly at home and use a decent mini pump on the road .

OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

As i said in my 1st post just send me £100 , i think its a valid investment :smile:
Depends on what you want from a computer, you can get one for £10 that will be adequate or get a garmin 200 if you want to get techy and track yiour rides etc but if you have a smartphone then their are plenty of apps that do the same.
Your talking to a guy who buys most of his jerseys via ebay looking for the "gave up cycling " sales :smile:
Imho make sure you have the pump, multi tool, tyre levers, puncture repair kit , inner tubes ,saddle bag and shoes.
Track Pump ! how did i forget !
makes life a lot easier by being able to pump up your tyres quickly at home and use a decent mini pump on the road .

The more i think about it the more ebay will be my friend lol.

Will be using my phone GPS for tracking etc, so what else can a deadicated computer offfer me. I dont really believe in the accuracy hype being a golfer i have seen that that the GPS on smart phone is plenty accutate enough as top end dedicated models and very often use the same GPS chip. ( sorry rant over)

cyberknight

The more i think about it the more ebay will be my friend lol.

Will be using my phone GPS for tracking etc, so what else can a deadicated computer offfer me. I dont really believe in the accuracy hype being a golfer i have seen that that the GPS on smart phone is plenty accutate enough as top end dedicated models and very often use the same GPS chip. ( sorry rant over)
Better computers will offer the ability to measure your leg rpm( cadence) which can be useful and some include heart rate monitors .

Top Bottom