How tru?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickp

The o/h has just been and picked up my wheels from the LBS, stuck them on the bike to see if they were ok and noticed the front wheel is still out of tru, not by alot but i can still see it.

I have also noticed a few of the spokes are bent very close to the nipple (The shop hasn't bent them, my brother must have) Surley they should have noticed this when the were truing and replaced them.

Should i be taking it back to re trued by the shop?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes

02GF74

Über Member
what exactly did you ask them to do? if true the wheel, then they did that. wold you be happy if they charged you for something i.e. replace the spokes you did not ask for?

IMO they really should have spotted what sound like dmaged spokes and contacted you as to what you want done.

I can true wheel so that it is within 0.5 mm or less, pretty much miimal wobble - I don't do that for a living but have lots of itme - a shop shouyld be able to do at least as good as that.

OP
OP
N

nickp

02GF74 said:
what exactly did you ask them to do? if true the wheel, then they did that. wold you be happy if they charged you for something i.e. replace the spokes you did not ask for?

IMO they really should have spotted what sound like dmaged spokes and contacted you as to what you want done.

I can true wheel so that it is within 0.5 mm or less, pretty much miimal wobble - I don't do that for a living but have lots of itme - a shop shouyld be able to do at least as good as that.

I only asked them to tru the wheel, but as you say i would have expected them to spot the damage and call me.

I would have thought that bend spokes would have prevented them from truing the wheel properly, so they therefore could not do what i paid them for.

ASC1951

Guru
This is where it helps to have a good relationship with your LBS. I use mine all the time, for everything, so they know that I would want the spokes replaced as well. TBH, for the minimal cost of the spokes I would expect any LBS to do it, but maybe they have had someone say 'I didn't ask you to do that' in the past.

If it was me, I would go back to them, point out that it isn't true and offer to go halves on the cost of re-truing it with some new spokes.

02GF74

Über Member
^^^ as he said, spokes are pennies. providing there is no cassette, the old ones can be chopped and new one fitted quicket than you can read this post 15 times.

Top Bottom