how versitile is your car !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I managed to get a motorbike and sidecar inside a Citroen 2CV by removing all of the seats and then replacing the drivers seat once everything was in place. It was a bit of a cheat because the sidecar was more of a shower tray on a parallelogram linkage system, anyone remember the 'Sidewinder'? Having a sun roof meant that long/tall goods could also be carried with aplomb

I propose that the 2CV was far more versatile than any of the cars mentioned above.

Want picnic chairs and a bench? - Take them out of the car and arrange to suit the occasion/friendship/relationship
Want al fresco motoring? - remove the doors and roll the roof back.
Want off roading capability? - no fancy accessories or tyres needed for off road fun.
Want near instant heating in winter? - the air cooled engine delivered the first warm drafts within a minute of the engine being started.
Central locking? - can reach all four doors from the driver's seat.

I think I've talked myself into buying another 2CV.....

Falwheeler

I have one of these, no problems getting the bike in
P1020871.JPG

Moodyman

Legendary Member
1999 Toyota corolla 5 door hatchback.
Done several family holidays to Center Parcs and Holland with all luggage and 4 bikes on a rear carrier. In between I've brought a 3 seated sofa home from a shop and carried a dozen plus rubble sacks to the local waste centre.

I work in a Peugeot dealer and as this is a bike forum I can give you a run down of bike friendly models as I've driven em all!

107 - no chance = bike rack needed
207 - a bike will just fit in with the front wheel off and all the rear seats folded
207cc - no chance
308 - a bike will just fit in with the front wheel off and all the rear seats folded
308cc- no chance
308sw - a bike will just fit in with the front wheel off and all the rear seats folded
3008 - a bike will go in easily with the wheels left on, the best overall
508 Saloon - surprisingly a bike will go in with the seats folded down without removing a wheel
508sw - easily as above
5008 - will go in stood up without the front wheel which makes it easier to put other things in!
RCZ - a bike will just fit in with the front wheel off and all the rear seats folded

I haven't tried stacking bikes as I wouldn't want to damage them but overall I would have to choose the 3008 as the most bike friendly if you have one bike and want to take it somewhere on your own.

You are just not trying. When I met my (now) wife, she offered me a lift home (cos it was raining) if I could get my bike in the back of her (original) mini. 30 seconds later and thanks to QR wheels, no problem...

tadpole

I have a 308, which I have never needed to move huge amounts of anything in, No need as I have a trailer for that kind of thing. Why by a car that you only use to its full potential three or four times a year, when you can by a small car and a trailer. I avr 55mpg (combined) when I drive it that is.

The Octavia and the Octavia estate would swallow just about everything, now got a roomster which is great for just whipping the odd rear seat out of in favour of bikes or dogs.

Top Bottom