1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Very Dare He!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by trustysteed, 16 Aug 2007.

1. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

2. dangerousjules

dangerousjules New Member

Twat!

3. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Aw...a bit harsh. Damon's right in a way in that Bond isn't the moooooooost pc of people!

4. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Let's see. At some time I've seen every Bond film, and I can tell you all the actors who played him.

I've never seen any of the Bourne ones, and had no idea Matt Damon was anything to do with them.

Sour grapes because he never got picked for Bond?;)

5. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Nonetheless he is right though!

6. chris42

chris42 New Member

Yes I think most plots in the bond films are very similar.

7. monnet

monnet Über Member

The Bourne films I've seen are good but nowhere near as entertaining as Bond. Bond would have him in a fight anyway.

8. spesh

spesh Well-Known Member

Googlefight says Bond, though I suspect that in the unlikely event of the two fictional agents going mano a mano, Bourne would just shade it.

9. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

i think bourne would have kicked roger moore, sean connery, timothy dalton and pierce brosnan's arses, but i think daniel craig would have him, so to speak.

10. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

I think Bond is entertainment with very clear-cut baddies and values.

Bourne is more interesting (and I felt this when I read the books years ago). He's an ambivalent character, struggling to make sense of his position, loaded with deadly potential but reluctant to use it. He's a more engaging hero, but one that raises many questions. I certainly found myself thinking more after a Bourne movie than a Bond one.

11. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

*Reaches for button*
    Goodbye, Mr Damon.

12. fuzzy29

fuzzy29 New Member

He is right, it's just that as British people we don't like foreigners saying bad things about Bond. It's like saying anything about the Royal Family, funny if it's a British person but disrespectful for any other nationality.

13. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

Damon's a bit sloooooow, he was beaten to it ages ago.

M: Good. Because I think you're a sexist, misogynist dinosaur, a relic of the Cold War, whose boyish charms, though wasted on me, obviously appeal to that young woman I sent to evaluate you.

14. Ghost Donkey

Ghost Donkey Guest

His new film's out. Free publicity.

15. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

What Ghost Donkey said.

Also, thinking about it, why on earth was Roger Moore picked to play James Bond? I could have beaten him up, and that's saying something.