How would you handle this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jhawk

Veteran
Hi guys, I'm in need of a bit of advice!

I posted a thread a couple of months ago, asking about a particular brand named M-Wave, distributed and owned by Messingschlager of Germany. The company and I had been exploring the possibility of me getting a freebie handlebar bag from them - after I wrote a review of their M-Wave panniers...

I initially approached them with the review, and they said, essentially, "That's great, thanks! We've shared it to our Facebook page and website. Would you be interested in any other of our waterproof bags, i.e: a handlebar bag?" I rapturously and excitedly said that yes, I would! They were going to get back to me and see whether it would be possible...

This was in February of this year.

I have heard nothing from their Marketing Manager - whom I was in contact with. My touring season is pretty much over, but still, it would be nice to have the bar bag, should I decide to do a short trip before the snow falls. I understand that big companies (I'm not sure how big Messingschlager is - but they appear to be a fairly decent size.) are busy, especially during the summer - sponsored events, company trips, new business exploration, etc.

I have sent their Marketing guy multiple emails over the last several months, with no responses. I don't know whether I should just wait for his response (if it will ever come), or take my query to the next level? Even if they have decided against giving me the bar bag, it would be nice to know that.

Have you had similar dealings in the past? What do you guys suggest?

Cheers,

Jack.

alicat

Legendary Member
Give up. It's like job hunting. They aren't interested but were probably at the back of the queue when they were giving out mannners.

Turned out its not possible. It was free so you've not lost out.

They could have had the courtesy to talk to you but it's time to let it go.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I've no idea how you've worded your letters to the company... but what about...

Dear ????

I provided you with a review of your M Wave panniers earlier this year, which was used as part of your online marketing campaign. I'm keen to get started on a review of the M Wave bar bag too, but am still waiting for the item to be delivered in order for me to review it. I've contacted you several times regarding this ...blah... please let me know if you want me to continue providing reviews for your excellent products... blah blah

boomshanka,

Jhawk
Then if they do send, give 'em the silent treatment :thumbsup:

Top Bottom