How would you rate this deal on a Fuji carbon with Ultegra...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarineRider

Hi folks.

Performance Bike recently had a sale [admittedly, they always have some kind of sale] offering 20% credit back for bike purchases [for "Team Members". At the same time, Active Junky had a 15% "cash back" for all purchases made on their partner websites that were launched through the Active Junky website.

During those sales [held at the same time, though for obvious reasons, Performance wasn't promoting the Active Junky cash back], Performance had a 2017 Fuji 3.2 SL carbon road bike with a mix of mostly Ultegra, 105 and house brand components for $1,399 [MSRP is $1,829]. After Team Performance credit and Active Junky's cash back, the total price was effectively $909.35 US dollars [Caveat: 1. You pay tax on the sale price of $1,399; 2. The 20% credit must be used at Performance and is credited to your account within 72 hours; 3. Active Junky sends you a "cash back" check approximately evey 6 months].

Here's the link to the Fuji. Your thoughts on:

1. Whether this was a good deal;
2. Whether there are other comparable deals;
3. Comments on the bike in general;

As for me, I've been riding for a while. Mostly commuting about 11-12 miles daily in urban traffic using a commuter bike and riding about 40 miles a few times a month on my other road bike.

http://www.performancebike.com/weba...Product_10052_10551_7000000000000003565_-1___

Last edited:

S-Express

And to be clear, you definitely are not affiliated to Performance Bike in any way?

OP
OP
M

MarineRider

No affiliation; I promise. Besides that sale is over. I'm just trying to figure out how good the deal was and trying to get thoughts on the bike.

400bhp

Guru
Generally, most of us on here live in the UK so we wouldn't be able to offer much help on comparable costs in dollars on other US bike deals.

For the record, I haven't a clue.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Hi folks.

Performance Bike recently had a sale [admittedly, they always have some kind of sale] offering 20% credit back for bike purchases [for "Team Members". At the same time, Active Junky had a 15% "cash back" for all purchases made on their partner websites that were launched through the Active Junky website.

During those sales [held at the same time, though for obvious reasons, Performance wasn't promoting the Active Junky cash back], Performance had a 2017 Fuji 3.2 SL carbon road bike with a mix of mostly Ultegra, 105 and house brand components for $1,399 [MSRP is $1,829]. After Team Performance credit and Active Junky's cash back, the total price was effectively $909.35 US dollars [Caveat: 1. You pay tax on the sale price of $1,399; 2. The 20% credit must be used at Performance and is credited to your account within 72 hours; 3. Active Junky sends you a "cash back" check approximately evey 6 months].

Here's the link to the Fuji. Your thoughts on:

1. Whether this was a good deal;
2. Whether there are other comparable deals;
3. Comments on the bike in general;

As for me, I've been riding for a while. Mostly commuting about 11-12 miles daily in urban traffic using a commuter bike and riding about 40 miles a few times a month on my other road bike.

http://www.performancebike.com/weba...Product_10052_10551_7000000000000003565_-1___

I'll take five please.

This is too good to miss.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
So in short, it's a carbon Fuji 3.2 with mostly ultegra for about 780 quid.

Yeah, I'd possibly have given you my daughter in exchange for that deal. It's a very good buy, I'd have snatched their hands off.

OP
OP
M

MarineRider

Thanks all. Is the sarcasm due to the fact that my country is run by a man with a spray tan with a propensity for lying and who took office on less than a majority vote?

Doug.

Veteran
No excuse for sarcasm,it's just bloody rude and doltish.
Just like Donald.
However as the president he should be given some respect, at least for the American peoples sake.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
@MarineRider I think the weird replies you are getting is that this is predominately a UK based forum who don't have much experience of US style cashback and credit back. Also, the prices we pay are very different to you. Therefore it is tricky to say if it is good deal or not. Personally I think it is a great deal if I do a $ to £ comparison.

Your President is a bit of a dick though :okay:

S-Express

"uh, no."...............intelligent comment..

Unlike your 'intelligent comment' - that Trump deserves respect :laugh::laugh::laugh:

DGTtQ3hVwAAutQO.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom