Howdy from North Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Idoru

Already made 1 post on the forum, forgot to make a "Howdy" post.

I'm a male, pot bellied, 47 year old broken runner who was advised by his physio to add cycling to the mix of training, which with my addictive personality is lethal, I'm probably just swapping running injuries for cycling injuries in the long run. ^_^

I've been pootling around on my old "Giant GSR Comfort" for the past few months and watching the Tour inspired me to look into swapping to a road bike. Must be 30+ years since I had anything approaching a road bike and seeing modern saddles and tyre widths very nearly put me off.

I'll probably get some mudguards and panniers fitted to the Giant to turn it into my commuter/work/we weather bike (if I can stand it after being some something a bit more focused).

I'm in the middle of buying from the LBS at the moment and have probably settled on a Wilier Montegrappa Sora, simply becuase it seemed a decent fit, reasonable price and looked pretty damn spiffy. I was getting so confused with the choice of possible entry level bikes I almost threw my hands up, ran into the shop and shouted "SELL ME A BLACK ONE WITH ROUND WHEELS, HERE'S MY MONEY!!!"

I'll be using the bike to train up for a couple of sprint triathlons as I think swim / bike / run training will, in the long run, be less painful than lots of running.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Welcome to the site buddy,enjoy and hope you find us all helpful !

Top Bottom