HPV Maintenance stand?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Falco Frank

Über Member
Been debating how best to stand the 2 wheeler for things like removing wheels?

I suspended the front from the garage roof beam, which worked ok and I have car axle stands which I planned to use a tube across and place the front end of the swing arm on, for getting the rear wheel out.

Im doubting there is a traditional stand capable of dealing with HPV's?

Thanks in advance for replies....

When I still worked on them I would put it on a table with the two wheels wedged into those wheel stands/bike stands they use to keep display bikes upright in shops.

OP
OP
Falco Frank

Falco Frank

Über Member
Oddly enough, clamps up to 76mm frame tube:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Park-Tool...187?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf971851b

$_57.JPG

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    1.2 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
Falco Frank

Falco Frank

Über Member
Axle stands and a tube worked 'ok' for getting the rear wheel out but...

Surprisingly unstable, even with the front wheel chocked.

starhawk

There is a stand which is done for trikes, unfortunately it is made by an american firm who doesn't know how to run an international business, they only sell to american customers. So we are stuck to DIY. I put mine together with aluminium tubes, articulated joints and PVC T-tubes.

My trike rack is proving to be excellent for working on the trikes especially the top bunk as the trike is at a "high bench level " no more laying beside or under to get to things
I did try 3 chairs last year but they weren't a success as they did not prove a good base to lift a wheel off the ground .
The rack is ideal as I have the front and rear wheel lifters to help service the trikes .
trike rack.jpg

The painting will have to wait as it is too useful to take out of service for a couple of days to wait for the paint to dry.

regards emma

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
I use ratchet tie downs suspended from the garage roof. Usually only need the one to lift the rear end but I have 3 and can winch it up to work on at a comfortable height. My garage is far too crammed already for any rigid structure.

OP
OP
Falco Frank

Falco Frank

Über Member
Just found out (from necessity) that my old motorcycle rear paddock stand, (Giant U shape type trolley) is an IDEAL fit in between the bottom posts of the pannier racks on my 'bent!

Lets me lift the rear, so the tyre is off the floor, nicely.

Motorcycle to cycle (recycle), I like it :angel:

Top Bottom