HPVelotechnik Speedmachine

Discussion in 'For Sale and Auction' started by Fiona N, 18 May 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiona N

Fiona N Veteran

Sadly, economics force me to sell my Speedmachine to fund the new bike so I'm offering it here first before widening the sale to YACF/Velovision etc. and Ebay.

There's an album of photos under my username so I've only put the basic one here: [​IMG]

The spec is as follows:
    - 26/20 inch rear/front wheels, Alex semi-deep section rims with Schwalbe Marathon Slicks (in very good condition);
    - Front and rear (No-squat) suspension;
    - Underseat steering with variable length and tilt adjustment;
    - 27 speed with Shimano derailleurs and bar-end shifters;
    - Triple crankset - TA Vega with 160mm cranks - as this will not suit all, I will include the original triple with 170mm cranks so the buyer has the option at no additional expense;
    - Specialized double-sided spd-compatible pedals (my addition. The standard pedals are horrible rat-trap things but the buyer is welcome to these as well if required);
    - Avid BB7 front and rear mechanical disk brakes (far superior to the standard V-brakes which are badly located for wet-weather performance);
    - HP Bodylink adjustable seat with head rest and choice of standard foam pad or Airflow seat pad (shown in the 'seat' photo) - seller will get both with the bike;
    - Cateye wireless speedo
    - HPV standard rear pannier rack and Ortlieb hardshell waterproof rack box (see 'tail box' photo) - attaching this directly to the rack means that panniers can't be used so there is also a supplementary set of pannier bars (also shown in the photo) that mount under the rack box;

If the buyer thinks they may use the Speedmachine for fast day rides without the pannier rack, I have a custom-made 'rucksac' which holds basic tools, waterproof and a 70oz Camelbak bladder suspended behind the seat but clear of the suspension and back wheel. Yours for the asking!

The whole bike is thoroughly maintained and in excellent condition - there are scratches on the side of the seat, the pannier rack and corners of the USS bars from (possibly inevitable) falls but these have all be while stationary (i.e. I lost my balance at junctions usually while craning forwards looking for cars) - no other prangs or accidents.

The total set-up would cost around £3000 new, without including the Ortlieb box and the other odds and ends, so I am looking for offers over £1750.

Delivery will be sorted out to mutual convenience

Please feel free to PM me for better/more photos and any other information. E.g. I realise I haven't put the gearing - I can't remember off-hand what the chainrings are - but it's low enough that my speed falls below practical for balancing before I run out of gears :smile:

Thanks for your interest

2. OP
    OP
    Fiona N

Fiona N Veteran

Withdrawn from sale :biggrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice