Hrm chest strap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

avsd

Guru
I bought this one from Amazon and works fine. HRM Strap

Also replaced the battery.

presta

Guru
I have two HRMs, an old Polar M52, and a newer Polar FT4. The former comes with a disposable plastic transmitter strap with the battery moulded in, and the FT4 has a transmitter with a replaceable battery that clips into press studs on a conductive fabric belt.

The fabric belts are useless, they don't last 5 minutes before they're worn out, and they're expensive to replace. I can't find the figures now, but I calculated the cost per hour of use, and it worked out cheaper to throw away the disposable ones than keep replacing batteries and fabric belts on the 'reusable' ones.

OP
OP
fraz101

fraz101

I have two HRMs, an old Polar M52, and a newer Polar FT4. The former comes with a disposable plastic transmitter strap with the battery moulded in, and the FT4 has a transmitter with a replaceable battery that clips into press studs on a conductive fabric belt.

The fabric belts are useless, they don't last 5 minutes before they're worn out, and they're expensive to replace. I can't find the figures now, but I calculated the cost per hour of use, and it worked out cheaper to throw away the disposable ones than keep replacing batteries and fabric belts on the 'reusable' ones.

I need it to pair with my Garmin edge 500 which is ant + connected

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
If its the original Garmn strap try cutting out the bit of elastic between the press studs, and see if it improves.

OP
OP
fraz101

fraz101

Got the new strap and it’s all good now.

Top Bottom