HSBC pulls plug on funding early

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh dear !

My wife is a Breeze champion (AKA ride leader) and will be quite happy with another sponsor for the freebie cycle jersey and BC membership (just leading 8 rides (of 8)) - though she doesn't suit orange if Ineos is watching...
Since she actually worked for HSBC just before we dropped out, I guess technically she's become unemployed by them for a second time?

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
My wife is a Breeze champion (AKA ride leader) and will be quite happy with another sponsor for the freebie cycle jersey and BC membership (just leading 8 rides (of 8)) - though she doesn't suit orange if Ineos is watching...
Since she actually worked for HSBC just before we dropped out, I guess technically she's become unemployed by them for a second time?
I’m doing my Ride Leader course in a couple of weeks. I wonder if I’ll get any kit or at least any kit that’ll fit as they won’t be putting any new orders in for a while I’d imagine.

snorri

Legendary Member
HSBC say...
....When we set off on this journey together we wanted to get two million people cycling regularly and we’re on track to smash through that this year.
Must say I'm surprised, I haven't seen anything from HSBC to encourage newbies.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Our closest branch has an A5 size sticker advertising the sponsorship in a corner of their window. That’s it. Nothing else.

I’m doing my Ride Leader course in a couple of weeks. I wonder if I’ll get any kit or at least any kit that’ll fit as they won’t be putting any new orders in for a while I’d imagine.
Don't think you'll get any kit until you've done your first aid certificate - seems they are always after (passing) the leader course.
I know one person who failed the Breeze assessment so it isn't just box ticking, no surprise she didn't pass either, too long a moton and so only looking 3 yards ahead and not reading the road.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Don't think you'll get any kit until you've done your first aid certificate - seems they are always after (passing) the leader course.
I know one person who failed the Breeze assessment so it isn't just box ticking, no surprise she didn't pass either, too long a moton and so only looking 3 yards ahead and not reading the road.
I've already got my first aid certificate. I did it when I qualified as a coach. As far as I know I've just got the day's training to do. I've completed all the online course work.

I've already got my first aid certificate. I did it when I qualified as a coach. As far as I know I've just got the day's training to do. I've completed all the online course work.
If you've got a valid first aid certificate then as soon as you pass the course they'll post out your shiny red top!.
First Aid course needs renewing every 3 years so you can stay abreast of the latest rescue breath/CPR changes - I think I've had 3 versions.

snorri

Legendary Member
Where would we have been without HSBC?:whistle:

CUK report goverment stats. recently released.........
Statistics out today show that over the past 5 years in #Scotland there has been a 15% reduction in the amount of people that are #cycling.

Top Bottom