HSF.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
HSF - High Speed Filtering.....

I expect to get flamed here, but this is a particular section I do at about 20mph, off the gas, just riding..... :smile: oh and scanning the cars way in front.....:smile:

The left, right then left at the end was done a lot slower than the other day..... :sad:

PS don't try this at home....... Professional Crash Test Dummy here ! :biggrin:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UAiLymSn2A

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Nice one

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

lanternerouge said:
That was bizarre to watch as it slowly dawned on me where you were! Brave riding too! :smile:

Yeh...we see too much Londump videos complaining....... here is what Manc's do....grrrrrrr (oh and we have BIG hills :smile:).......:boxing:;):wahhey:;):thumbsup::sad::biggrin::biggrin:

lanternerouge

Veteran
fossyant said:
Yeh...we see too much Londump videos complaining....... here is what Manc's do....grrrrrrr (oh and we have BIG hills :smile:).......:boxing:;):wahhey:;):thumbsup::smile::biggrin::biggrin:

Agreed... bless 'em down in London Village, they're developing all the time :sad:

Actually, I take it back. The camera is low and misrepresents the view of the cyclist. I would take it slower though.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

magnatom said:
Nah! Not as good as mine! :wahhey:

Seriously though, if someone walked in between the cars.....:boxing:

Slow down a little!

Peds down there...hah...... having a laugh...PS I scan for them...... :smile:

Peds are a rare sight in South Manchester you know...... they have cars......:thumbsup:

Matthames

Über Member
If you are filtering at high speed you really have to have your wits about you, although I do regularly filter past traffic at 20. Although I did high speed filtering once with speeds of 40 (I was riding a motorbike) and ended up having a ride in an ambulance.

One other thing that I don't think has been mentioned about filtering, watch out for drivers who decide to switch lanes at the last moment.

potsy

Rambler
Nice going Foss,I was cycling that road at 10.15pm and wasn't going anywhere near that fast despite there being virtually no traffic:ohmy:
have you been going through Cheadle? Horrible loose gravel surface for 2 days now,very dodgy(just before Roscoes RAB)

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

potsy said:
have you been going through Cheadle? Horrible loose gravel surface for 2 days now,very dodgy(just before Roscoes RAB)

I have, and it's not funny - wished I was on the MTB - yesterday it was completely loose, this morning I had the width of a wheel to ride in....:smile:

Top Bottom