Huddersfield: 3 riders down from 3RT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

The cyclists were in a group of four riding single file.
The relevance is what?

Do hope they will all be okay.

atbman

Veteran
The relevance is what?

Do hope they will all be okay.

The relevance is that that is how they were riding at the time of the impact. It is the police's job to describe the conditions at the time of the collision. Should they not have done so?

D

Deleted member 26715

The relevance is that that is how they were riding at the time of the impact. It is the police's job to describe the conditions at the time of the collision. Should they not have done so?
Why? what has that got to do with the price of chips? It's irrelevant if they were riding single, file 2 abreast, now if they were riding 2 abreast whilst wheelieing down the wrong side of the road, but they weren't they were just riding along legally.

What I also find interesting is the lack of posts in this post, if it had been in Lardon or darn souf, there would have been hundreds of comments.

Do we have an update on their condition?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
What I also find interesting is the lack of posts in this post, if it had been in Lardon or darn souf, there would have been hundreds of comments.
You don't know how many of us are "Watch"ing, though. There's not really much we can add, whereas a lot of us from even not very far sarf get sucked into riding in Lardon and have taken part in protests against deaths there, plus it's a city of around 10 million while Huddersfield is 0.16 million, so probably fewer people feel quite as directly affected.

U

User32269

It's always saddening and disturbing to see these reports. Personally I don't see adding my uninformed comments would be of any use?
One of the reasons I don't use social media accounts is this culture of, following any disaster, everybody basically posting "hey, look at me, look how caring I am."

Siclo

Veteran
Why? what has that got to do with the price of chips? It's irrelevant if they were riding single

<sets aside distaste for making such comments on rider down threads>

If you were a cynic :whistle: you might say the relevance is that the single file thing is the police laying the groundwork for the defence's mitigation of 'the accused would only been able to see a small frontal area, not forgetting the low sun, as the other riders would have been hidden due to being in single file'

Hope I'm wrong and all involved GWS.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Do we have an update on their condition?

According to a clubmate on Tuesday they're all recovering; the two in serious condition are discharged but it will be a lengthy recovery - 6 ribs, broken shoulder, etc. for one of the riders: http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/cycling-club-issues-statement-over-13937726

I've not posted any photos on here as they aren't pleasant.

Top Bottom