Hull 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
IMG_20201014_153009.jpg
Never have I imagined taking cycling breaks in Gothenburg and Humberside, I am a total sunseeker, but beggars can't be choosers. :smile: So a university delivery to my daughter led to 4 days in Hull, I know Hull but nothing about it's environs.

It was late afternoon by the time I left the Premier Inn and had carried my bike down 10 flights of stairs, you can check in but if infirm, can never leave, due to covid/lift issues. I set off for the docks and to try to reach any nature reserve past them on the Humber, plenty of cycling lanes in Hull so it was pretty much traffic free ride past the docks and chemical plants to where Hull stops, just like that, and you turn into this road towards Paull.
IMG_20201014_151717.jpg

Church of St Andrew.

IMG_20201014_155902.jpg

Well this was nice, dry, temp ok, no cars and flat riding which I am always surprised by and enjoy very much. Paull was a nice but quiet, never saw 1 inhabitant, but did notice 3 pubs in a place that has maybe 500 residents? Onto an estuary side trail that, if I had a MTB, would no doubt make an ace full days outing.

IMG_20201014_152850.jpg

IMG_20201014_153009.jpg

IMG_20201014_154010.jpg

IMG_20201014_154325.jpg

IMG_20201014_153315.jpg

I'd run out of time, no lighting out here and didn't have any lights so wandeed back into Hull's old town for some refreshments.:cheers:

IMG_20201014_175923.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201015_102453.jpg
    IMG_20201015_102453.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 3

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Dave Hill from Slade used to live in Paull. I like the Old Town in Hull.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
From memory, the wider path in your pic soon conks out and tips you out onto the road.

No problem, there are very few moving cars out there, and some surprisingly pretty villages to cycle through.

Three of us did a very agreeable 50 mile circuit to Spurn Point starting in Hull.

To mangle the famous headline: @Supersuperleeds kept us going when the weather was atrocious.

I reckon it was close to the heaviest and most persistent rain I've cycled in.

Another contender is one of the York-Humber Bridge-York rides.

Mmm, there is a common factor here.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Dave Hill from Slade used to live in Paull. I like the Old Town in Hull.

It is a very nice area, absolutely bonkers on a Fri/Sat night though.

From memory, the wider path in your pic soon conks out and tips you out onto the road.

I reckon it was close to the heaviest and most persistent rain I've cycled in.

It does, then I took the lower and met a high metal fence after maybe half an hour, think it was maybe extended marsh. Every morning I woke up and it had rained during the night but every day was bone dry and with plenty of sun and blue sky, I got a tan cycling to Hornsea!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It is a very nice area, absolutely bonkers on a Fri/Sat night though.

It does, then I took the lower and met a high metal fence after maybe half an hour, think it was maybe extended marsh. Every morning I woke up and it had rained during the night but every day was bone dry and with plenty of sun and blue sky, I got a tan cycling to Hornsea!
This is a bare faced lie. It must have been rust. 😁

Top Bottom