Hull posse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone looked at letters page of the HDM yet?
A rant about pavement cyclists. Not something I ever do or condone but letter has the content you would expect.
BUT I really like the accompanying photo, a cyclist riding on the pavement, with helmet and looks like a decent jacket and lights on the bike, so not a POB. Photo capitoned

'DANGER: A cyclist on the pavement'

And just over the guys shoulder behind him a sign saying 'End of cycle path'. So guy is on a shared use path, doing nothing wrong and still being shown as a bad example. Actually, pretty much what I'd expect from the paper.

zacklaws

Guru
I've just tread it online and I was going to add a comment to it about the picture, but I'm too tired to think of any thing suitable. In fact looking at the picture, is that not a car parked on the footpath in the background?

Reference missing his dog, I always get annoyed when I see a dog walker in the distance on a country lane, the walker is on one side of the road and the dog on the other, then when you are about to pass, suddenly notice the lead connecting the two of them, and its that point as you brake, the dog walker jumps out of there skin and starts dragging "Bonzo" back across the road. But its amazing that on long straight roads when you spot them, that they never look behind to see if there is something coming from behind and just bimble along care free. One day though it will happen and I will scoop a dog up and drag it down the road by accident, but no doubt it will be my fault.

Forgot to add a link to the webpage:-

http://www.thisishullandeastriding....-pavement/article-2922264-detail/article.html

Perhaps we could post lots of comments to highlight the point of the choice of picture etc

taxing

Time after time when walking our dog, we are overtaken from behind by cyclists riding very fast, and often missing my dog by a matter of inches.

I doubt this. After being chased by yappy little dogs while on my bike I always give dogs a wide berth, because I don't want to lose my ankles. I can't imagine many people do.

fee

Have any of you tried to ride on the cycle section on Beverley road it's like riding on craters. I ride it everyday to hull and back to get the train and the part outside what used to be the old convent it really bad.

He must be one if the only dog walkers down Bev road to pick up his pets mess, I live just off Bev road and its covered.

I did see a policeman and policewomen a while back on push bikes on Beverley Road and a youth riding on the path, the policeman tried to stop him but he just carried on, ignoring said officer. I was at the intersection watching looked like the policeman was going to go the other way then saw me watching so, gave chase but I think if I had not been there he would probably have not bothered, you could see he didn't want to.

If they made the roads better and made sure that cars did not sit in cycling lanes more people would stay off the paths.

End of moan

taxing

Have any of you tried to ride on the cycle section on Beverley road it's like riding on craters. I ride it everyday to hull and back to get the train and the part outside what used to be the old convent it really bad.

I do often, where's the old convent though?

I've reported the awful condition of the road near the Haworth Arms to fillthathole.org.uk, have you done the same? More people reporting it might mean that something gets done.

zacklaws

Guru
I do often, where's the old convent though?

I've reported the awful condition of the road near the Haworth Arms to fillthathole.org.uk, have you done the same? More people reporting it might mean that something gets done.

The old convent is just past the Haworth Arms on the left as you head towards Beverley and just before Inglemire Lane

Top Bottom