human powered helicopter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
I hope he doesnt lose his balance,slice and dice:biggrin:

Will1985

Über Member
Interesting concept! What if you stuck VickyP on it to generate lots of power (better power-to-weight ratio than Chris Hoy!) and then created some kind of tension wire system connected to the top and bottom of the machine to control the sideways movement? You could potentially have something which hovers...

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
Even Vicky P on drugs wouldn't make it hover.

Although, if you're reading this Vicky, I'm sure it would be worth you coming down to CM for a week or two to experiment;)

But hey, we've got a HPH and there's nobody else in Europe can say that:biggrin:

PrettyboyTim

A Human Powered Helicopter isn't impossible, though. Just very, very impractical.

The current record for a human powered helicopter flight is 19.46 seconds, held by a Japanese design called the YURI-1 which flew in 1994.

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
PrettyboyTim said:
A Human Powered Helicopter isn't impossible, though. Just very, very impractical.

The current record for a human powered helicopter flight is 19.46 seconds, held by a Japanese design called the YURI-1 which flew in 1994.

Yeah, it managed an inch or so, didn't it?:smile:
I've got that film somewhere, too

col

Legendary Member
Hilldodger said:
Yeah, it managed an inch or so, didn't it?:smile:
I've got that film somewhere, too

Can you dig it out please,very interesting stuff.
I saw the effort needed to keep the plane a few feet off the ground when they went across the channel,i dont think its going to be easy to use a helicopter design as the power needed to stay up would be mindblowing wouldnt it?

Wobbly John

Veteran
Hilldodger said:
It is BLOODY SCAREY I can tell you.:wacko:

That's why we made Arch pedal it last time we got it out.:biggrin:

We have that video somewhere, too;)

Here it is: Arch flying breaking the Cyclemagic elecopter ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
mickle said:
Like some of my relationships.

yeah, I know that feeling...

Great to see that video. That was a brilliant day, as I remember, we were filming, and we got told off by the parky, and we ate cake...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hilldodger said:
I need to edit the Cyclemagic film so I can bung it on youtube

I remember when you gave me and Tom that DVD with the intro/promo bit on. We watched it about 8 times in a row, the music and everything was so catchy.

Top Bottom