Humber bridge to York route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark 1

I am planning a trip to York and back this spring/summer (2011). Does anyone have any experience and/or tips for good routes between the Humber bridge and York? I prefer to stay on roads (as opposed to off-road tracks etc), and ideally those with little or no traffic.

I will be travelling from Lincolnshire, I've got the route between home and the Humber Bridge sussed, it's just the bit north of the Humber that I am not familiar with.

Keep pedaling

Mark

I don't know whether you are a Sustrans fan or not, but the White Rose Cycle way offers two option to get from Hull to York

1. Hull, Beverley, Pocklington, Stamford Bridge, York
2. Howden, Sely, Riccall, YOrk

These are mixed routes with off road sections, the Selby York route has a fun "Solar system" series of sculptures

Even if you use them as a planning guide......

HelenD123

Guru
If you're going both there and back I'd use both of Cunobelin's suggestions. Following the Sustrans signs makes the navigation easier.

asterix

Comrade Member
It's a pleasant part of the country with quiet roads. The Riccall to York bit of Sustrans' route is an old railway line and a nice leisurely way to enter the city round the Knavesmire race course..

Top Bottom