Hummers End to End - 7 x 200km Randonneur

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
So when are you doing it @Fubar? :whistle:

Isn't Hummers' LEJOG the very lumpy one?

YES.

On challenging roads as well in terms of road surface and technical descending I reckon.

OP if you really do want some local long distance challenging fun you have the 1200k Highlands ride at the end of July.

Or the inaugural mille penines at the beginning of July. Taking in the finest that the Lakes, Southern Scotland and the Pennines has to offer.

PpPete

Legendary Member
AFAIK only one rider has completed the Lumpy.
Various folks joined him on the way for parts thereof but only Hummers himself did the whole distance.
IIRC the col in Applecross that rates 11 out of 10 (in the 100 best climbs) was done at night, in the rain.
Bonkers !

Damn,after reading Hummers ride report I'm really hoping I manage to get on the Wild Atlantic Way now :blink:

Paul

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'd been training to do something like that when I broke my femur 2yrs ago, my plan was Leicester to Lands End/John 'O' Groats then back to Leicester unsupported (camping) in a fortnight.
I got 'moaned at' in the hospital for having such strong leg muscles when 3 male nurses were trying to put my leg in a traction brace to stabilise it prior to surgery (one holding my shoulders whilst I hung on to the end of the bed and two pulling on my foot, all telling me to 'relax')
It is do-able (look at the guys attempting the 'Tommy Godwin' challenge) but does require a lot of commitment.

Top Bottom