Hurrah Me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trio25

Über Member
You are an inspiration. that is an amazing weight loss and you've done it the healthy way!

Well done Waffly!

Unfortunately, 6 weeks of travelling for work, no exercise, and chest infections, have left me heavy, bloated and lethargic. But I'll get back on top of it again, keeping you and BTFB firmly in mind as examples.

Happy Christmas!

Pete

Congrats on a job well done! (*still trying to convert that to Kg, sorry folks I think all metric now*) ..... ahem looks like about 37Kg, wow! :laugh:;)

wafflycat said:
I'll be having a *proper* Christmas lunch, but I'll be making sure the meat is lean and I pig-out on lots of veggies. I shall be eating vast quantities of brussels sprouts, green beans, carrots, broccoli, swede and roasted butternut squash. I'll watch the amount of roast potatoes & parsnips though as they are starchy veggies. I shall be well-fed with normal food!
That sounds like a splendid idea and what I may well be guzzling myself (meat aside) ... interesting that you're allowed unlimited swede and squash whilst being told, take it easy on parsnips. Ah well, I suppose it's all worked out and budgeted for. Do you have to weigh everything? :laugh:

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

Pete said:
That sounds like a splendid idea and what I may well be guzzling myself (meat aside) ... interesting that you're allowed unlimited swede and squash whilst being told, take it easy on parsnips. Ah well, I suppose it's all worked out and budgeted for. Do you have to weigh everything? :laugh:

It's simple Pete. Non-starchy veggies are so low in calories, they are deemed a freebie. Some veggies, such as parsnips or potatoes are higher in calories, due to their carbohydrate content, so they can and do rack up the calorie intake if not careful. Everything except non-starchy veggies are weighed. You may roll your eyes, but it works. :laugh:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
<claps hands enthusiastically> well done waffles! i don't really get lb/oz but it still sounds a fine achievement.

actually, could well done waffles undo all the good work if one has too many?

gbb

Legendary Member
wafflycat said:
Thanks guys. :ohmy:

The plan to lose weight was entirely vanity combined with the fact that even though I didn't have any health problems associated with obesity (much to the chagrin of my GP who couldn't get his head around the fact the fat person in front of him had normal blood pressure, normal cholesterol, normal blood sugar etc., etc and this person exercised as she did long bike rides..), I was concious of the fact that I may not always have that luck. :biggrin:

As for flabby bits, I am remarkably pleased with my lack of hugely flabby bits. Again, that's something I'd seen happen to a lot of others who had lost a *lot* of weight. The fact I'm not too bad in the flabby department I put down to cycling. I'm certain the cycling has helped to keep the development of flabby bits to a minimum. That combined with the fact that I haven't been *on a diet* as I have not starved, or gone without anything. I've been eating huge quantities of food - just huge quantites of the very healthy stuff with the odd treat thrown in. I reckon eating very, very healthily has helped my bod adjust quite well. Supermodel I'm not and have no desire to be, but I am in reasonable condition for a matron of the parish. Certainly my nearest & dearest has no complaints and that's fine by me :biggrin: Indeed my nearest & dearest constantly expresses his admiration and it's rather fun :laugh::thumbsup::biggrin:

The really hard work for me will start when I reach goal - getting into the mental frame of mind to keep the excess weight off and stay within a healthy weight range for the long term.

I can vouch for this Waffly, from the other side of the fence :ohmy:
I'm a naturally skinny guy who spent most of my life trying to put weight on. (not fair i know, sorry)
While supporting my wife whos doing well with some weightloss, ive adopted her diet of healthy food. Virtually no chips, pies or mass produced meals, cakes, biscuits, crisps etc etc etc. All the muck we all normally eat.

While shes lost more weight than ever before....so have i :ohmy:
I was happy to eventually get up to 11 and 1/2 stone...but i went back down to 10 and 1/2 stone in two months.

All it was, was good heathy food and excercise

Saying its easy, doing its hard, so well done Waffly.

wafflycat said:
Ta, guys. 20", when you're well, stick to healthy eating & you'll soon get back on top of it. I weigh it - write in my food diary - then eat it.

I've done the food diary thing - it works for as long as I keep it up, but eventually I lose interest.

Back on the wagon - I've had porridge with banana for the last two mornings, instead of mince pies, and I feel better for it.

Chest is still killing me and I can't get to see the doctor until perhaps Monday, which is v. annoying. But little by little.

Top Bottom