Hurrah!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I don't think the plan is to create wankpanzers, but no doubt the lifestyle wannabees will quickly derail that plan by pimping the product to the nines!
It does frequently make my blood boil when I see these capable and rugged 4x4 vehicles being owned and used purely as status symbols and lifestyle badges. 99% of these cars never get more off-road than the Waitrose car park so really are an unnecessary excess in every way.
As an enthusiast owner of an original Defender I feel better justified than most to question the ownership of these big 4x4s. Maybe an element of pot calling the kettle black, but these things are built to excel in extreme conditions and wanting a spacious and powerful road vehicle can more than adequately be fulfilled by a large estate car (which is probably what I would own if I didn't like playing in the mud at weekends :laugh:).

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Next door to work is the Southampton Mercedes dealership. Judging by the numbers of brand new (still with factory protective coverings) AMG G63s (the normally sensible Defender-equivalent G-Wagen, only with 577 bhp....) there are a lot of idiots with more money than sense. I think I've seen one of the more sensible G400d version (still over £100k!!). Also at least one of the Maybach GLS (even less sense for even more money). If they did an AMG Unimog, that would probably sell loads…

Not a surprise seeing as they've not started selling any yet. And hydrogen cells ? Weird choice.

Crazy how big cars have got but this is still probably smaller than the ridiculous pick up trucks that seem to be taking off ?

Top Bottom