Hybrid bike comfort saddle q

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kovacsa

Hi All, There are tonnes of saddles out there. The one that came with my bike, I don't find the most comfortable after riding on it for a bit.

As far as comfortable men's saddles for recreational/distance riding goes, what's good out there?

Thanks!

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Saddles and what saddle is a tricky question. Everyone is different. What suits one person wont suit another. Everyone will have they're favourites and they're pet hates. Most here will advise you to get measured properly, then go from there. There are far more experienced people here, and I have no doubt they will pass on valuable advise. Good luck.

And welcome to the forum

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Doesn't this also depend on just how much of the rider's weight is being carried by the saddle relative to the handlebars?
Not solely, but you're right that if it's something like a flat-bar road bike (which some still call hybrid) then tail springs might not offer much help.

Last edited:

Goggs

Guru
Not solely, but you're right that if it's something like a flat-bar road bike (which some still call hybrid) then springs might not offer much help.

I'm only aware of this myself because I'm currently tweaking my own bike to get it just so. A sprung saddle would do nothing for my position at the moment.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm only aware of this myself because I'm currently tweaking my own bike to get it just so. A sprung saddle would do nothing for my position at the moment.
I've updated my earlier comment, as actually a web-sprung aka mattress saddle would offer a different type of support, although it's still not what I'd choose for an aggressive position.

Goggs

Guru
Hi All, There are tonnes of saddles out there. The one that came with my bike, I don't find the most comfortable after riding on it for a bit.

As far as comfortable men's saddles for recreational/distance riding goes, what's good out there?

Thanks!

What bike? Can you maybe post a picture of your bike as it is right now, with the saddle adjusted to where you think it should be?

OP
OP
K

kovacsa

Attachments

• 2015 RM Whistler 70.jpg
    2015 RM Whistler 70.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 30

Goggs

Guru
Hey Goggs, Good idea...

Here is the bike...

Great bike, but comes with this too narrow uncumfy seats as most new bikes do.
http://www.bikes.com/en/bikes/whistler/2015

Its a WTB Volt
http://www.wtb.com/products/volt

It kills my sit bones.

My measurement is suppose to be 160mm and the seat is 135mm

OK, if that's the bike set up for your proper height & reach then you definitely could use a wider, softer saddle. Actually, maybe not soft but sprung. You're carrying a lot of weight on your backside. Unfortunately I can't recommend a specific saddle because I'm finding it hard enough to get myself comfortable. Also, my position is completely different.

Good luck :bicycle:

Top Bottom