Hybrid Bikes For £500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

burns country

Looking to buy a hybrid for road and trail cycles. i have looked at sirrus elite. Would be grateful for advice. thanks in advance

Danny

Legendary Member
Welcome bc to the forum and the world of cycling.

There are many good hybrids to be had at that price, and they will be much the same in terms of quality and specification.

My advice would be to find a good local bike shop (LBS), and explain to them what you are intending to use the bike for. They should then be able to suggest several options and give you and opportunity to try them out. Choosing a bike is a very personal thing, and it is important you find one you feel comfortable with.

If you are intending to ride any distance, it would be worth investing in some proper cycle kit. You can pay lots for "designer" gear, but a decent pair of short and a top can be had for £30 each. You will also want a pair of shoes which will cost anything from £30-£50.

You should also invest in a decent lock - expect to spend £30-£50 depending on the level of security you need.

Maz

Guru
I have a Sirrus Elite. Great on the road, but I have the same reservations as Mr.P about how well the bike would cope on a trail.

Pedro

I've just bought a Marin Muirwood. It is in their "Urban" range, so supposedly it is a more sturday hybrid. About £400, but when you add on the extras (mudguards, bar extenders lights etc) would be about £500. It was recommended to me by my LBS and so far I love it. I reckon it would handle towpaths etc, but wouldn't want to take it on anything rougher

Top Bottom