Hybrid Purchase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
W

wooster

Well folks, I have been looking around and a lot of bikes aren't in stock in the right size for me or there's some other problem. I've been a few times and today, I bought the Crossway 20D. It was reduced to £420 as the dealer is stopping stocking them. I thought was a reasonably good price so I went to the shop and had a ride and it was all good. I went through a catalogue with them and picked out some handlebars and they're going to put them on for me to pick up next week.

I hope that as a beginner it will suit me and the paths I'm going to ride.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's great. Shame about the fork but never mind. Is it the luminous green? Looks like a good basic spec. I'm sure it will suit you well.
Tyres are are poor even on much more expensive bikes so don't be surprised if you pick more punctures than you thought you might, you can get some with better protection after a while.
We need pics.

OP
OP
W

wooster

That's great. Shame about the fork but never mind. Is it the luminous green? Looks like a good basic spec. I'm sure it will suit you well.
Tyres are are poor even on much more expensive bikes so don't be surprised if you pick more punctures than you thought you might, you can get some with better protection after a while.
We need pics.
Thanks. It's Black and looks pretty good..

The salesman mentioned the tyres weren't great and . suggested seeing how they were for me and perhaps changing them at the first service if I wasn't happy with them.

The Escape 2 or similar was a fair bit more cash and as I'm just starting out I felt this was a good bike for me :smile:

OP
OP
W

wooster

One thing I meant to mention was that I was bit twitchy and wobbly, especially looking out for traffic on the road. I'm hoping it improves with time :blush:

Alex321

Veteran
One thing I meant to mention was that I was bit twitchy and wobbly, especially looking out for traffic on the road. I'm hoping it improves with time :blush:

It will. It takes a few rides to build confidence. Try to ride on quieter roads to start with, to get confidence in your bike handling without pressure, then that won't be adding to the issue when you do start getting into traffic.

SGG on a bike

Mrs SGG has a Merida Crossway 40. It’s been a great bike for her over the last 2000 miles or so and looks like it will be good for many more having had zero issues in that time. I don’t think she’s ever ridden it with the forks unlocked in all that time, but when she bought there wasn’t any availability of bikes without. It’s not really a disadvantage to have them other than adding a little extra weight. For general riding, you most likely won’t notice the difference. Enjoy the bike and have fun.

Top Bottom