I’m off on another European adventure next year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As per thread title. I’m off to Bulle in Switzerland, in June next year, with a local charidee. We are then cycling back to Southampton, over 6 days. Unfortunately, we’re starting a bit too far North to do any of the big Alpine climbs, but we will be passing the Evian lakes, and stopping in Paris. Does anyone have any local knowledge of the area of Switzerland we’ll be starting from ( North of Geneva), or know of any bits of that area, that are worth looking out for?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
As per thread title. I’m off to Bulle in Switzerland, in June next year, with a local charidee. We are then cycling back to Southampton, over 6 days. Unfortunately, we’re starting a bit too far North to do any of the big Alpine climbs, but we will be passing the Evian lakes, and stopping in Paris. Does anyone have any local knowledge of the area of Switzerland we’ll be starting from ( North of Geneva), or know of any bits of that area, that are worth looking out for?
OK, showing my ignorance (and also confirming my ignorance if you're starting where I think you are), but isn't Evian on the south side of Lake Geneva and east of Geneva more than north? Or is there somewhere they're storing Evian water?

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
OK, showing my ignorance (and also confirming my ignorance if you're starting where I think you are), but isn't Evian on the south side of Lake Geneva and east of Geneva more than north? Or is there somewhere they're storing Evian water?
Nope, Evian is north east ( by a margin) of Geneva. Look at Evian les bains on a map. It’s far too far North to really think about the big Alpine climbs.

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I did check on a map. Northeast maybe, but definitely east more than north. Anyway, same Evian. I guess there are no other lakes. Anyway, I've nothing relevant about the bit of Switzerland north of that lake, sorry.

Attachments

• Screenshot-2019-10-4 OpenStreetMap.png
    Screenshot-2019-10-4 OpenStreetMap.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 7

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've cycled a couple of times from Geneva to Calais. Over the Jura mountains. I've not much to add except to say enjoy. I can imagine what ever route you take its going to be a brilliant ride.

Top Bottom