I am looking to buy a Felt F85

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
Looks excellent and great value at Wiggle

MattE72

I recently bought the 2013 model from Wiggle as my first road bike and I love it. Nice and quick (although I am comparing it to riding my MTB on the road!), smooth gear changes, responsive brakes and non-prohibitive price. I'll agree with helston90 about the colour; although it looks great it does show up the muck, (which kind of makes it easier to clean as you can see all the dirt!). Only thing I might change is the tape on the bars as, also being white, it's already starting to look a bit grubby despite gettingt the old brillo on it.

MichaelO

Veteran
Yeah I'd say- good spec at a good price- assuming you're looking at THIS ONE FROM LAST YEAR ON WIGGLE- but won't blow the bank if you decide it's not for you. Think carefully about how much you like cleaning your bikes before you choose white- they show up everything
That's exactly the one my mate bought a couple of months ago - great bike for the price! A white frame doesn't show up dirt any worse than other colours IME. White tape does though...

TomSH27

are these any good as a starter road bike?
I was seriously considering a Z series for my first (modern) road bike but as I could not find an LBS stocking them I largely limited myself to Scott, Giant and Genesis to test (went with a Genesis). I was however advised by a salesperson for a large national online retailer that they had had some issues with Felt recently due to frame failures. A customer had returned a bike as the frame had snapped, Felt issued a replacement only to have the new frame fail at the exact same place shortly after. It appears Felt have a policy of only replacing a frame once however and refused to replace again. I would possibly still have considered a Felt if I could have tested one as I really like the look. Good luck with your new purchase!

Top Bottom