I am not worthy of this ACB kit

Discussion in 'Audax, Brevet and Randonnee' started by Heltor Chasca, 10 Feb 2018.

1. Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca Out-Riding the Black Dog

Super-Orange Audax Club Bristol, Super-hero kit arrived today.

Membership No. 505 has meaning: “Step forth with confidence & enthusiasm, take new directions, take chances, expand your horizons & seek new experiences.” Just about sums Audax up. Could also be a play on SOS :whistle:

A1914952-D00C-4896-BA6F-42AE649760DA.jpeg C0FE28E2-2E2F-4751-AE52-4F853742A70D.jpeg

2. Slick

Slick Veteran

Very fetching, have fun.:thumbsup:

Heltor Chasca likes this.
  3. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Veteran

Next ride 505km

4. Banjo

Banjo Fuelled with Jelly Babies

I have a fetching Audax Cymru jersey .I keep deluding myself I can get down to the size I was when I bought it..

“Step forth with confidence & enthusiasm, take new directions, take chances, expand your horizons & seek new experiences.” Sounds a bit like getting lost on a ride.

BrumJim, raleighnut, dave r and 2 others like this.
  5. Ian H

Ian H Guru

You'll need to up your beer intake to be worthy of that jersey.

6. Fonze

Fonze Totally obsessive , cool by nature

Very smart ..

7. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

Nice!

8. OP
    OP
    Heltor Chasca

I did ‘lost’ on a recent 200. That would have been ok, but 2 riders were following me in ‘confidence’. It was embarrassing.

I had to buy 1 size up from my usual with the Force GB kit. It comes up very snug. Racefit. As I become a stronger rider I plan to spend more social time in the controls eating cake, so I think I made a good decision. The Force GB garments are really well made and should last many seasons.

k_green and Banjo like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Heltor Chasca

Yes! Those ACBers aren’t shy of a party are they?

Cranky Knee Girl likes this.
  10. Ian H

Ian H Guru

Each rider is entirely responsible for following the route. If they followed you, they should feel embarrassed.

11. Ian H

Ian H Guru

I did that to an entire team of Italians during my first Paris-Brest-Paris in 95. I stopped and they swept past into the distance. Did I feel guilty?*

*see above.

Ajax Bay, raleighnut, Banjo and 2 others like this.
  12. Banjo

Banjo Fuelled with Jelly Babies

By coincidence my longest "detour" ever on a 200 Audax permanent was on Ian H s Sea and Levels which should weigh in at about 201 but I used all my masterful navigation skills to see much more of Somerset and Dorset than my 2 quid entry entitled me to . Did over 220 after giving up at one point and taking a long food break then realising I still had almost enough time. Finished with at least a minute or two to spare :-)

PS can strongly recommend Sea and Levels as a ride. Its a coast to coast and back ride. Normally starts in Lyme Regis with Ians permission I started in Clevedon . Theres a 200 and a 150 version.

Last edited: 11 Feb 2018
  13. Ajax Bay

Ajax Bay Veteran

14. Ian H

Ian H Guru

Remind me to send you a bill for the extra 20km. ;)

Heltor Chasca and Banjo like this.
  15. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Veteran

I did an extra 20km in the midst of a group of Japanese at PBP 2015. I paid a bit more attention to the route after that.

Banjo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice