I am not worthy of this ACB kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Super-Orange Audax Club Bristol, Super-hero kit arrived today.

Membership No. 505 has meaning: “Step forth with confidence & enthusiasm, take new directions, take chances, expand your horizons & seek new experiences.” Just about sums Audax up. Could also be a play on SOS :whistle:

A1914952-D00C-4896-BA6F-42AE649760DA.jpeg
C0FE28E2-2E2F-4751-AE52-4F853742A70D.jpeg

Slick

Guru
Very fetching, have fun.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I have a fetching Audax Cymru jersey .I keep deluding myself I can get down to the size I was when I bought it..

“Step forth with confidence & enthusiasm, take new directions, take chances, expand your horizons & seek new experiences.” Sounds a bit like getting lost on a ride.

I did ‘lost’ on a recent 200. That would have been ok, but 2 riders were following me in ‘confidence’. It was embarrassing.

I had to buy 1 size up from my usual with the Force GB kit. It comes up very snug. Racefit. As I become a stronger rider I plan to spend more social time in the controls eating cake, so I think I made a good decision. The Force GB garments are really well made and should last many seasons.

OP
OP
Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
You'll need to up your beer intake to be worthy of that jersey.

Yes! Those ACBers aren’t shy of a party are they?

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
By coincidence my longest "detour" ever on a 200 Audax permanent was on Ian H s Sea and Levels which should weigh in at about 201 but I used all my masterful navigation skills to see much more of Somerset and Dorset than my 2 quid entry entitled me to . Did over 220 after giving up at one point and taking a long food break then realising I still had almost enough time. Finished with at least a minute or two to spare :-)

PS can strongly recommend Sea and Levels as a ride. Its a coast to coast and back ride. Normally starts in Lyme Regis with Ians permission I started in Clevedon . Theres a 200 and a 150 version.

Last edited:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
By coincidence my longest "detour" ever on a 200 Audax permanent was on Ian H s Sea and Levels which should weigh in at about 201 but I used all my masterful navigation skills to see much more of Somerset and Dorset than my 2 quid entry entitled me to . Did over 220 after giving up at one point and taking a long food break then realising I still had almost enough time. Finished with at least a minute or two to spare :-)

Remind me to send you a bill for the extra 20km. ;)

Top Bottom