I bet I'm not the only one who's done it...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SGG on a bike

I had to go see a client today to drop some stuff off and meet a contractor on site for a discussion. Nice day, not much stuff to carry, but on a time limit, so not going to cycle. Not enough stuff to carry to warrant taking the truck, so I thought I'd pop over on the motorcycle (about 25 mile round trip). Now, I haven't ridden it much this year; just a handful of miles since I had the mot done back in April.

Got the gear on and off I went. Got to the end of the road as as I approached the junction caught myself flicking my left foot sideways to unclip duh! Did it again at the roundabout about a mile further on when the penny dropped that I was doing it. Obviously, I don't have spd fitted to the foot rests or my nice comfy Altbergs In my defence, it's a route I'd normally cycle on our daily ride, so I'm going to blame muscle memory and habit, but go on, 'fess up, any one else done it?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
No.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
In a similar vein, is pressing the "clutch" if loaned an automatic gearbox car. They don't half stop quick when you do that !

My uncle went one better. He drove an automatic, but taking it to be serviced they loaned him a manual transmission car for a day. No problem as he was perfectly able to drive either, but swapping back to his own car at the end of the day, he had a brain fade and suddenly "remembered" he needed to change down for a bend, and jammed into reverse. There was a big crunch and squeal of rubber and he found himself facing the wrong way up the road. Luckily no one was coming and and he was still on the tarmac rather than in the hedge. He re-started the car, gingerly stuck it in "drive" and amazingly it still drove OK. He still can't fathom quite why he did as he was back in his own car at that point.

Top Bottom