"I came from the ******* road you blind ****".

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Motorists drives straight into cyclist in Harold Hill. Let's the motorist have it with some good old fashioned Essex language when asked where he came from.
The driver got out and and asks if he's okay. "******* alright mate? You're having a ******* laugh".

View: https://youtu.be/Z4IR6a5CWN4

Apparently he was okay suffering only bruising and cuts but his carbon bike was written off.
Sometimes there's nothing you can do.

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
yet another case of motorists only looking for other motor vehicles... if it ain't got an engine, it's invisible.

The rider was hidden from the Astra drivers view by the Grey MPV till the last second hence the question on where the cyclist came from. Still no excuse as if your view is blocked you should assume worst case and wait until your view is clear before manoeuvring.

No excuse as you say, but we are all safer if we have a better understanding of how these things can happen

Drago

Legendary Member
Sometimes there's nothing you can do.

Christ, leaving aside the obvious muppetry of the car driver, there is lots you can do. There is no golden bullet, but each tactic you deploy brings an incremental improvement in your odds.

Don't ride through junctions staring staight ahead - scan in all directions, and keep doing so. There are kultiole directions from which traffic may come, and more hazards here than you can shake a s****y stick at, yet the rider decides to steadfastly stare are the arse end of the car in front. It's quite likely the offending car driver was doing their obs in exactly the same way.

Position yourself further out, which aids your own visibility to omcoming traffic streams and improves your own view (again, if you can be bothered to scan, which this chap couldn't).

Also expect other road users to unexpectedly fail to respect 'priority', which may give you time and opportunity to brake and save yourself.

Make no mistake, the car driver needs putting in the stocks for this one, but the cyclist is clearly not a skilled rider and should really have a long hard think about whether they're up to the job of playing dodgems with live traffic. I'm looking for new customers for my next advanced road skills course when business picks up and this video has just found a home in my training material.

Last edited:

Solocle

Über Member
This driver doesn't care about positioning...
1617910130042.png

1617910149398.png

Yesterday's commute home.
1617910179079.png

Today's commute home.

So three close passes and a white line violation... If my maths is correct, I make that the magic 12 points :bicycle:

Solocle

Über Member
Only 1 looks like it would win any sort of attention by the law i reckon. The others are pretty much what I experience.
They don't catch the full situation, so I don't show the plate - in the first situation, I had to swerve and undertake because he left me without stopping distance. And in the last one he's cutting in on me, too.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Erm...

winjim

Smash the cistern
Christ, leaving aside the obvious muppetry of the car driver, there is lots you can do. There is no golden bullet, but each tactic you deploy brings an incremental improvement in your odds.

Don't ride through junctions staring staight ahead - scan in all directions, and keep doing so. There are kultiole directions from which traffic may come, and more hazards here than you can shake a s****y stick at, yet the rider decides to steadfastly stare are the arse end of the car in front. It's quite likely the offending car driver was doing their obs in exactly the same way.

Position yourself further out, which aids your own visibility to omcoming traffic streams and improves your own view (again, if you can be bothered to scan, which this chap couldn't).

Also expect other road users to unexpectedly fail to respect 'priority', which may give you time and opportunity to brake and save yourself.

Make no mistake, the car driver needs putting in the stocks for this one, but the cyclist is clearly not a skilled rider and should really have a long hard think about whether they're up to the job of playing dodgems with live traffic. I'm looking for new customers for my next advanced road skills course when business picks up and this video has just found a home in my training material.
Better road positioning might have provided the opportunity to swerve to the right and tuck in behind that little black car.

Top Bottom